Avidyne Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Avidyne General > IFD100 Mobile App
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

IFD100 with Trainer XP

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GeeGeeBee Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: IFD100 with Trainer XP
    Posted: 12 Sep 2022 at 4:01pm
Two weeks away from my 10.3 upgrade and I thought I'd play around with the Avidyne IFD Trainer in X-Plane (works great in the beta of XP12, BTW - I was somewhat shocked...).

However, when I try to link (on another iPad) the IFD100 10.3 to the Trainer, I get the dreaded FPL xSync error. Both the XP Trainer and the IFD100 10.3 have been updated to the latest Jepp databases.

I've tried starting the two in different orders with the same result. I've also tried just the Trainer (not the XP version) and still cannot get them to sync.

Looking at Tom Harper's YouTube video on this topic (from back in 2019), it talks about making sure that the networking option is ON in the trainer - I'm assuming that this translates to Aux/Setup/Connectivity/WiFi ON for Trainer 10.3.  Not sure there were any other tips that I could glean from that video.  Unfortunately, that video was done back when both Trainer and IFD100 were 10.2 so I don't know how much help it would be.

Any suggestions? Has anyone out there had success in linking the Trainer (either XP or not) with the IFD100 10.3? I know back before the Trainer was updated to 10.3 I could link the IFD100 10.2 to it.
...can't keep my eyes from the circling skies...
GeeGeeBee View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GeeGeeBee Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Sep 2022 at 4:21pm
Follow-up to my original post. 

Trainer XP with IFD100 is now working - somehow it started to use the Jepp databases instead of the default demo databases.

However, while the Trainer (not XP) shows that the current Jepp obstacle and nav files have been downloaded, when I open it up and check under Aux/Sys/Status Databases, it shows the generic "not for flight" simulated data for Nav and Obstacles.

Is there a way to force the trainer to use the current Jepp databases rather than the default demonstration databases?  When I click on the Databases link at the top of the trainer, it says to Select One; I select Jepp and it sends me to the download screen where the databases are already downloaded.  Not sure what else I can do to force it to use Jepp instead of demonstration.

Edited by GeeGeeBee - 12 Sep 2022 at 4:42pm
...can't keep my eyes from the circling skies...
rpostmo View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rpostmo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Dec 2022 at 12:26am
Had the same problem, I set Jepp databases on the trainer, then repeated the database downloads and now it works.
RPO
cavu View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cavu Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Jan 2023 at 4:18pm
I have a problem with XP Trainer.

When I pause the xplane simulation, the proper CDI and course are displayed from that which I have selected within the Trainer XP.  As soon as I un-pause, the GPS needle and CDI both disappear and I'm left with a a default GPS needle pointing to 13 degrees (no CDI). 

Ive checked the Network settings and everything seems to set correctly.  The frequencies match the GNS530 GPS unit that came with the aircraft. 

Xplane 12
VFly Arrow III with Aspen 1000

Edited by cavu - 09 Jan 2023 at 4:25pm
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic