Avidyne Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Avidyne General > IFD 5 Series & IFD 4 Series Touch Screen GPS/NAV/COM
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

IFD540 not showing WX on map

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jchristf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: IFD540 not showing WX on map
    Posted: 19 Feb 2023 at 1:58pm
I have IFD540 with MLX100 receiver.
I'm getting WX data since I can see METARs.
However, neither WX Overlay selection (regional or US) shows me anything on the map.
I'm comparing to WX seen on ForeFLight Map, so there should be something matching on the IFD540.
Jacob

Edited by jchristf - 19 Feb 2023 at 1:58pm
Melohn View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Melohn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Feb 2023 at 4:14pm
Just curious, are you testing this on the ground, perhaps in the hangar? When I use a Stratus-3 in the hangar, I see weather and traffic on my connected iPad, but not on the IFD display, where I only see METAR/TAF data. Once I’m receiving GPS signals on the IFD, both are displayed. I assume this is because the IFD needs to know where it is in order to display information, and it doesn’t rely on the Stratus GPS information to determine that.

jchristf View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jchristf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Feb 2023 at 4:19pm
That is a very good observation, makes sense that it needs GPS to show map, but not needed for METAR.

Unfortunately, I have tried this in the air with GPS working.   

I've also noticed that the WX overlay buttons does not show when I dont receive WX info, but Im getting those buttons.  Its just not showing on the map...

Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic