Avidyne Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Avidyne General > IFD 5 Series & IFD 4 Series Touch Screen GPS/NAV/COM
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - Avidyne IFD 540 breaking Squelch in 7 sec. pulses
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Avidyne IFD 540 breaking Squelch in 7 sec. pulses

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mlinett Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Avidyne IFD 540 breaking Squelch in 7 sec. pulses
    Posted: 09 Aug 2023 at 9:03am
Hi
I have an Avidyne IFD540 and a few weeks ago it started a 7 second pulse of squelch and then breaking squelch after it goes through its initial boot up. During the boot up it has the broken squelch static until it gets to the normal screen. When the 7 second breaking squelch part of the sequence comes up it shows the blue RX on both the primary and standby. I have run through a series of tests with the folks at Advanced, and it seems to be an issue with the Avidyne. I have been looking at the various CSV logs, but have not found the 7 second pulse of breaking squelch in the logs. This is something new that started the week before my trip to Oshkosh. If I press the Standby and Active selector a few times it stops. Additionally, I have found that if I press the Power button a few times it stops. Sometimes it starts again during my flight and the pressing of the Power Button a few times seems to stop the static and blue RX for a while.

I have read on the web where someone had a similar situation that seems to be the VHF board. Here is the Link https://mooneyspace.com/topic/36714-...roblems-pirep/

Any ideas of what is going on, or where to find the issue in the Avidyne logs?
mike
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic