Avidyne Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Avidyne General > IFD 5 Series & IFD 4 Series Touch Screen GPS/NAV/COM
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Error loading chart database

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote yce Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Error loading chart database
    Posted: 22 Oct 2023 at 8:28am
I have an IFD 540 which has been great, but I'm running into an error loading the chart db from Jeppesen. The nav and obstacle databases load fine, and the chart db has loaded ever since the unit was new (3-4 years ago?), but now I get an ERROR shortly after I start the upload procedure. I've tried resetting the Jeppesen count and re-downloading the db as well as a new USB key, but still getting the ERROR.
Has anyone else seen this? And - what did you do to fix it? Is there a way of deleting the db on the IFD and trying again?
TIA
nrproces View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nrproces Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Oct 2023 at 12:35pm
Have you tried a different download?   In other words did you try to download the file again from the Jepp website, or try reload the old one from last month?   There was an issue several months ago that caused this problem, perhaps you could review the situation, it had to do with the Change in type of approaches that was causing an error for some systems, mine included... It was the month when the RNP approaches were included for the first time in the file, and the Avidyne unit had to ensure that those new approaches were not downloaded without the updated software....I guess

Sauce
yce View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote yce Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Oct 2023 at 4:00pm
I downloaded the current database several times (maybe 4?) -- also two different USB keys. But I did not try the old database. 

Good info-- thanks!
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic