Avidyne Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Avidyne General > IFD 5 Series & IFD 4 Series Touch Screen GPS/NAV/COM
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Knob issue after repair to IFD

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote vas4avidyne Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Knob issue after repair to IFD
    Posted: 06 Mar 2024 at 2:23pm
[cross posted to the FB group]

As you may have seen, I had a thread with the issue on my IFD540 which finally turned out to be an issue with the unit. I sent it in for repair (paying the usual flat rate repair amount of ~$2500) and got it back last week. What I discovered is that the right knob is now not working properly (it was fine when I sent it out). It requires a lot of jiggling to get the press function to work. The dealer also noticed it when he was inputting the configs so it was clear that it was that way when it was shipped back by Avidyne after the repair.

After the dealer went back and forth with Avidyne (where they claimed that it couldn't have been that way because they test for all functionality before it goes out) and him explaining that it reached him that way so they must have missed it, they finally agreed to cover the repair but are saying that I need to pay for shipping.

For starters, it is disappointing that I am having to send the unit back to get an issue fixed that was introduced by Avidyne as a result of the repair (and lose the use of it for 2-3 weeks). This business of my having to pay for shipping for an issue caused by them is making me extremely unhappy 😡.

Has anyone else had an experience like this (having to ship a unit back to Avidyne after a repair)? Given that this was an issue introduced by them, I think it makes sense for them to pay for shipping - am I off base on that?

Also, any suggestions on who I can escalated to within Avidyne?

Thanks,

Vas
vas4avidyne View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote vas4avidyne Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Mar 2024 at 4:00pm
To follow up - after speaking with the folks at Avidyne Technical Support (thanks, Randall), they were able to get approval for Avidyne to pay for shipping my unit back to them. It is much appreciated!

Vas
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic