Avidyne Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Avidyne General > IFD 5 Series & IFD 4 Series Touch Screen GPS/NAV/COM
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

IFD 540 Button Lighting

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SB Jim Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: IFD 540 Button Lighting
    Posted: 17 Apr 2013 at 1:20pm
Jake,

When I saw the IFD 540 at ABS Las Vegas (when I bought one) I was concerned about how bright (too bright) the green button lights were on the 540.

I was told those factors would be addressed in testing (I prefer a relatively dark cockpit for night flight).

I'll be horribly disappointed if one shows up on my doorstep and this issue has not been addressed. I would request a refund in lieu of my purchase rather than live with a box that had such bright light emitting from the buttons.

Any word?
AviJake View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AviJake Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Apr 2013 at 8:09pm
Well then I have great news.

I too think that's a very big deal and have been all over the crew here to ensure we get this right.  We have had the proper hardware for a while and have recently been tweaking the software control of the brightness.

BTW, not only are we tuning the various brightness levels of both the LCD and the bezel buttons but you will have individual control of bezel brightness and LCD brightness at the top level user interface.  You will be able to set each to use the dimming bus rheostat, use an ambient light sensor that is embedded in the bezel, or manually adjust the brightness as "user control".

And of course, after all that, if we still don't get it right, I would completely agree with and support your position - happily, I'm certain it will not come close to that.
Steve Jacobson
sjacobson@avidyne.com
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic