Avidyne Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Avidyne General > IFD 5 Series & IFD 4 Series Touch Screen GPS/NAV/COM
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Intermediate fixes in airway

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote phkmn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Intermediate fixes in airway
    Posted: 03 Sep 2013 at 10:20pm
It's my understanding that the 540 will accept a Vxx flight plan entry along with entry and exit points.

Sometimes ATC assigns holds and vectors to an intermediate fix, and on the G530 you have to enter the fix on the fly, which is a real pain in IMC.  If an airway number is entered in the IFD4/540 flight plan, will all intermediate fixes appear for vectors, direct-to, holds, etc?

Forgive me if this is in the FAQ but I looked and did not see it.
PH
oskrypuch View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote oskrypuch Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Sep 2013 at 10:28pm
Yes, they will all be listed, I saw it in the demo videos.

* Orest

AviJake View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AviJake Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Sep 2013 at 7:53pm
Yes, as Orest notes, that task is a breeze in the IFD540.    Once you select the Victor (or Jet) route, the entire array of exit points are listed in the order they appear (not alphabetical) and you can select any one from the list and it takes two clicks more to add a hold at any of those exit points (or do Direct-To's or any other typical thing you do at a waypoint).
Steve Jacobson
sjacobson@avidyne.com
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic