Avidyne Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Avidyne General > IFD 5 Series & IFD 4 Series Touch Screen GPS/NAV/COM
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

IFD440 Certification

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 234
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AviSimpson Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Jul 2015 at 11:22am
Your contract has what month of full rate production you're in. Our Customer Service Rep has been contacting customers to schedule shipping dates and ask for what shop you would like to use for the install.
Simpson Bennett
Avidyne Corporation
Product Manager
Tiptel View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tiptel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Jul 2015 at 3:17am
Hi Simpson,

when do you expect full rate production?
jbs007 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jbs007 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Jul 2015 at 12:31pm
Originally posted by Tiptel Tiptel wrote:

Hi Simpson,

when do you expect full rate production?

I am curious too.  Also, how many units per month is "full production"?  I'm looking forward to seeing these really get out into the market!

NZFlyer View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NZFlyer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Jul 2015 at 7:00am
When I ordered my pre-buy IFD440, I recall that I was told that my unit was in the first month of production. After prompting I have just been informed that delivery will be 12 October! Pretty disappointing.
Can someone from Avidyne please explain why it is taking nearly 4 months to ship the first months production.

Edited by NZFlyer - 14 Jul 2015 at 7:01am
brou0040 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote brou0040 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Jul 2015 at 8:16pm
The contract is intentionally vague, you will not be able to say from it or anything Avidyne publicly releases when you should expect your unit - to my knowledge, they never stated when 540 full rate production started.  I'd like to think it's because they didn't want to obligate themselves to something they may not anticipate due to the time between contract and certification.  I'm not trying to be negative, I'm just trying to limit your expectations on what you expect for answers before you get frustrated.

Edited by brou0040 - 14 Jul 2015 at 8:17pm
AviJake View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AviJake Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Jul 2015 at 12:42pm
I think the key is the phrase "high rate" production.    As with the IFD540, the first few weeks/months after cert were "low rate".  We don't have a black & white definition of the boundary or transition.  It's a combination of a lot of factors that let us decide when it think it's prudent to transition to "high rate" production.

For an individual owner trying to figure out when their box is inbound, it's best to directly contact the Avidyne Sales crew - they have a specific person or two always assigned to trying to determine and communicate specific box ship dates.
Steve Jacobson
sjacobson@avidyne.com
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 234
  Share Topic