Avidyne Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Avidyne General > IFD 5 Series & IFD 4 Series Touch Screen GPS/NAV/COM
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Nav Indicator Interfaces

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 94S Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Nav Indicator Interfaces
    Posted: 05 Nov 2014 at 12:44pm
Steve,

The IM lists Mid Continent MD200-20X nav indicator as interfacing with IFD540.  Mid Continent's webpage only lists MD200-20Xs as "Overhaul/Exchange".  I currently have the old Cessna ARC nav indicators so obviously I'll need to upgrade for the IFD.  Mid Continent does have MD200-30X nav indicators available for new purchase.  Are the -30X indicators compatible with the IFD.  (I believe, and don't quote me, but I'm pretty sure that the only difference between the -30X and -20X indicators is that the -20X indicators have G's name printed on them so I'd really rather not put one of those in my airplane anyways.)

David
Gary T View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gary T Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Nov 2014 at 12:52pm
AviJake (Steve) replied previously on this topic ( see 3rd page-  topic Which Nav Indicators):

The MD200-306 is not our list of supported nav indicators. The annunciators do matter in that we drive each one from a discrete on the IFD540 and we have not included the BC annunciator support in that stream. That does matter from a primary nav indicator perspective so at least for now, the MD200-306 is not on our supported list.
Gary-T
pburger View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pburger Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Nov 2014 at 3:33pm
My understanding is that the Garmin GI-106A is functionally the same as the Mid Continent MD200-206.  The difference being that the Garmin unit has "Garmin" silkscreened on the faceplate.  I told my Avionics guy to look far and wide for a MD200-206 so that I don't have that "Garmin" logo in my field of vision.  I'm not sure if he's had any luck finding a new or used unit yet.
Paul View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Paul Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Nov 2014 at 8:08pm
The MD200-206 has the Garmin name on the front.

pburger View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pburger Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Nov 2014 at 10:14am
Okay, so that would mean there is absolutely no difference between the GI-106A and the MD200-206.  

Well, then I need to tell my Avionics guy to just grab up a GI-106A, because he said he could get his hands on one of those easily.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic