Avidyne Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Avidyne General > IFD 5 Series & IFD 4 Series Touch Screen GPS/NAV/COM
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Unable to delete waypoints from departure

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NZFlyer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Unable to delete waypoints from departure
    Posted: 02 Jan 2015 at 3:17am
At NZHN, (my home base) when loading a departure, say a BUDEN 1, a transition MUST also be loaded. These transitions are for oceanic use and therefore are not required by domestic traffic. My GNS430 allows me to load the SID and transition and then permits me to delete the waypoints that are not required. My installed IFD540 will not allow the transition waypoints to be deleted.

I can load the departure waypoints individually and enter any altitude constraints manually - however, this defeats the point having installed departures.

Any thoughts from Steve or other users please.

Edited by NZFlyer - 02 Jan 2015 at 3:18am
MysticCobra View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MysticCobra Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Jan 2015 at 9:59am
Huh...I see that behavior in the sim now, too.  An example from my use case would be flying the LFK7 departure from T41 to KDTN.  My clearance is typically LFK7.LFK, so I would want to delete the SKKIP and LIT waypoints, so the flight plan transitions cleanly from the LFK VOR to KDTN.

Highlighting the SKKIP and LIT waypoints in the departure procedure and pressing CLR has no effect.  Note that the "DELETING A WAYPOINT" para on p. 2-10 in the pilot guide does not indicate any limitation that waypoints in a departure procedure cannot be deleted.

I would think that these are common use cases, so I hope this behavior is just a sim funny, or else a feature that is included in one of the near-term software updates.
NZFlyer View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NZFlyer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Jan 2015 at 11:56am
MysticCobra, I too thought that this was just a sim issue and so held off commenting until my install was complete. However, the problem has followed on to the aircraft. Needs to put on the 'fix it' list.
AviJake View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AviJake Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Jan 2015 at 8:26am
Yes, the ability to delete a waypoint in a published procedure, departure or arrival, is on the list and we started working on it but the scope is so large (it has all kinds of tentacles in the FMS code) that we have deferred it out of Rel 10.1.   It will likely be in the next meaningful release after 10.1  but that means it's later than the spring of 2015.
Steve Jacobson
sjacobson@avidyne.com
oskrypuch View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote oskrypuch Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Jan 2015 at 11:22am
You also cannot insert a waypoint AFTER an arrival. You can only add an approach, or create a hold.

I expect this is also part of the same "structure" restriction.

* Orest

Edited by oskrypuch - 04 Jan 2015 at 11:23am
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic