Avidyne Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Avidyne General > IFD 5 Series & IFD 4 Series Touch Screen GPS/NAV/COM
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Av Consumer article

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote oskrypuch Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Av Consumer article
    Posted: 11 Mar 2015 at 10:03pm
AC's lead article was on the IFD540 this month, a five page spread, penned by a Douglas Fields, who spent some quality time flying with the unit up and down the east coast.

He gets a few points not quite right, but the article seems pretty accurate for the most part. And yes, he likes the unit.

Conclusion is that the IFD540 is a worthy investment, and its features eclipse the GNS530 (duh!). Surprisingly few comparisons were made to the GTNs, but those that were noted (install, UI), it was advantage IFD.

I think the article will sell some IFDs.

* Orest

Edited by oskrypuch - 11 Mar 2015 at 10:04pm
teeth6 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote teeth6 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Mar 2015 at 9:04pm
I agree the article was mostly positive but I felt AV could have been a little more forthcoming about the fixes/improvements coming in 10.1.  ie, They suggest a wireless keyboard would be a good idea.  I wrote them to explain that many of their "shortcomings" will arrive in 10.1 and others are on the "to do" list.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic