Avidyne Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Avidyne General > EXP5000 Entegra PFD
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

An Avidyne story unlike any you've read

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Flynner Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: An Avidyne story unlike any you've read
    Posted: 04 Apr 2015 at 3:01pm
     I was sent to Brazil in N552CD, a G2 SR22 with the only directive, don't break the plane. That trip was insane. Before I even got to Jundiai, a satellite airport of Sao Paolo at a small airport with my kind of pilots, cro duster and the like, a guy walked up and said we're very happy you're here. Nobody has brought new aircraft into Brazil for over 20 years. Yes, flooded. In three weeks I flew 80 demos but one I thought I broke the plane. When we fired up the MFD nothing but red X's. Not cool and the short version is that after I got blown off by the sales VP I talked to a guy who told me he worked with Honeywell when they were developing their EFIS and he knew those things were real and they put them on the map. And, by the way, you may have stumbled into something. Really? Huh.
      Two days later Avidyne called me with a prototype and my guy used a smuggler tinge it past customs and I was flying again. Some smarty at Avidyne likely talked to the Honeywell guys and knew the magnetic anomalies were real. Avidyne knew that as excited as Brazil was to be chosen as our first South Americican sales center they would not forgive a company that walked away from their system. That one of my many insider views into aviation. The SR22 with the Avidyne MFD is bulletproof. Easy user interface and so much ready information. Great dynamic company and great product. Go Avidyne!!! Ciao. And cheers

Peter Flynn
Com. Single and multi instrument rated, CFI, CFII and MEI
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic