Avidyne Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Avidyne General > IFD 5 Series & IFD 4 Series Touch Screen GPS/NAV/COM
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

540 staying in North up

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote billan07 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: 540 staying in North up
    Posted: 01 Jun 2015 at 5:04pm
I have an intermittent problem where an IFD 540 map will display in North Up mode despite setting the display to Heading Up.  I have tried setting the display to other modes but it remains in North Up.  Often after a power cycle the unit will return to Heading Up, but on my last flight a unit remained in North Up after shutdown.  I have a dual 540 installation and both units have exhibited this behavior.  Is this a known occurrence?  If not, is there some other data I can provide to help diagnose the problem?
teeth6 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote teeth6 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Jun 2015 at 7:46pm
You may be confusing 2 issues.   If you have a heading input, you can select either heading up or track up on the Options page of the AUX tab.  It should hold this setting across power cycles.   Once on the map page, you can toggle thru the various map display choices of North Up,  Track UP (or Heading Up) Centered and Track Up (or Heading Up) Forward View.  You do this by pushing in the lower right knob to toggle thru the views. 
billan07 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote billan07 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Jun 2015 at 3:49pm
Ah, I understand how it works now, thanks.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic