Avidyne Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Avidyne General > IFD 5 Series & IFD 4 Series Touch Screen GPS/NAV/COM
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

missing datablock

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote oskrypuch Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: missing datablock
    Posted: 24 Jul 2015 at 8:30pm
I had the single line X-Trk datablock (10.0.3)  in the top line of my 10.0.3 setup. It looks like this datablock is no longer available in 10.1.0 ??

Yes, no? Can we bring it back?

* Orest

Edited by oskrypuch - 24 Jul 2015 at 8:32pm
AviJake View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AviJake Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Jul 2015 at 1:08pm
News to me.  We'll have a look on Monday.
Steve Jacobson
sjacobson@avidyne.com
DavidBunin View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DavidBunin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Jul 2015 at 2:45pm
I'm not seeing it as an option in the iPad simulator nor on the PC simulator.
AviJake View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AviJake Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Jul 2015 at 8:55am
It definitely should be there. Try going to Aux-Setup-Datablock Setup to see if you can reselect it.
Steve Jacobson
sjacobson@avidyne.com
Bad1996 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bad1996 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Jul 2015 at 1:47pm
I still have a datablock there after the update.
oskrypuch View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote oskrypuch Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Jul 2015 at 7:50pm
It is there if you are on a two line capable location, but x-track will no longer display in a one line location/format, like it would with 10.0.3. (as in my initial pic)

* Orest
Bad1996 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bad1996 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Jul 2015 at 9:02am
I think I misunderstood, I don't use x-track....just have a datablocks there. Sorry.
n7ifr View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote n7ifr Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Jul 2015 at 3:03pm
Problem with Left Data Blocks in v10.1.

Even after deleting the 3rd Comm frequency spot on left and only showing Comm1 + Stby freq.'s, I am unable to display both the "To Wpt Information" & "Next Wpt Information".  On iPad sim, no problem displaying Both!

Plenty of vertical room for other 3-line blocks, but for some reason, can't do both To and Next.....

Any ideas?

Tom W.  

Edited by n7ifr - 27 Jul 2015 at 3:06pm
teeth6 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote teeth6 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Jul 2015 at 6:13pm
I noticed this as well because I had the X Track on the top of my screen in the previous release.  Since it is only a 2 line option now, I moved it to a datablock on the right.
n7ifr View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote n7ifr Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Jul 2015 at 7:28pm
Glad to hear I am not alone on this.  Well, these are tough choices...

So, what occuppies your limited Left Block spaces?  I figured these Left blocks are the only ones that show in FMS page, so tried to make them count!

Tom W.  
AviJake View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AviJake Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Jul 2015 at 8:02pm
Originally posted by teeth6 teeth6 wrote:

I noticed this as well because I had the X Track on the top of my screen in the previous release.  Since it is only a 2 line option now, I moved it to a datablock on the right.

We checked and we screwed this up in 10.1 during the IFD440 merge.    We've subsequently fixed it today so the 1-line Crosstrack Deviation datablock option will be restored in the very next software release.

Sorry.
Steve Jacobson
sjacobson@avidyne.com
n7ifr View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote n7ifr Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Jul 2015 at 8:04pm
OK, but what about inability to place BOTH "To Wpt Information" and "Next Wpt Information" in Left side data block?  

iPad can do this.

Tom W.
AviJake View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AviJake Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Jul 2015 at 8:06pm
I don't know yet.  I didn't look at that one yet.  Should look on Tuesday.
Steve Jacobson
sjacobson@avidyne.com
AviJake View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AviJake Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Jul 2015 at 8:41am
Originally posted by n7ifr n7ifr wrote:

OK, but what about inability to place BOTH "To Wpt Information" and "Next Wpt Information" in Left side data block?  

iPad can do this.

Tom W.

I suspect I know your problem (presuming you have an IFD540 and not a 440).    Reference page 4-24 and 4-25 of the pilot guide that talks about those two datablocks.  They are either 4 line datablocks or 5 line datablocks depending on whether your IFD is connected to a fuel flow system.   The iPad system does not simulate a fuel flow input so those datablocks are 4 liners in that app.   But I'm guessing your actual airplane is configured with a fuel flow system making those datablocks 5 liners and therefore, there is not enough room to put both up (you have 9 lines available when you take out the 3rd and 4th com/nav slots and you need 10).
Steve Jacobson
sjacobson@avidyne.com
n7ifr View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote n7ifr Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Jul 2015 at 10:37am
Steve,
Thanks.  Reply appreciated.  I do have a fuel system (JPI830) with IFD540 v10.1.
Knowledge is power - now I feel better - knowing - why I can't display both blocks on the Left side.

On another note, I have been trouble shooting with phone support (TJ) why I can't display VOR radials on the 540 - with Aspen PFD & external CDI (MD406-222).  

Still no resolution, but in the process, I discovered that my v10.1 maintenance mode has only 11-pages, not 12 (as advertised).  Is this a problem, suggesting improper v10.1 update??  Should I consider having it re-installed?

Thanks for your valued input.

Tom Wolf
AviJake View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AviJake Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Jul 2015 at 3:39pm
Originally posted by n7ifr n7ifr wrote:

On another note, I have been trouble shooting with phone support (TJ) why I can't display VOR radials on the 540 - with Aspen PFD & external CDI (MD406-222).  

Still no resolution, but in the process, I discovered that my v10.1 maintenance mode has only 11-pages, not 12 (as advertised).  Is this a problem, suggesting improper v10.1 update??  Should I consider having it re-installed?

Let me check in with TJ to see where he is and get back to you on the radials issue.

With respect to your Mx Mode question, I presume you do NOT have an AXP322 remote transponder installed?  That 12th page is the setup for the transponder and it not presented if you haven't told the system you have an AXP322 so all should be fine there.
Steve Jacobson
sjacobson@avidyne.com
n7ifr View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote n7ifr Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Jul 2015 at 5:38pm
Steve,
Once again, appreciate your input.  I have the AXP340 transponder, so no remote.  I am relieved to learn that 11 pages is normal in this configuration.

If you hear from TJ on the VOR radial display issue, I appreciate your input.  I suspect there is a 540 "priority" of ARINC-429 (Aspen PFD) over the RS-232 (external CDI) may block the 540 from sensing the ext. CDI - maybe this Priority in the 540 can be modified without losing any Aspen function connectivity.

I have heard Aspen will update their PFD software to provide "resolver" output... sometime in the Fall, 2015.

Tom Wolf
AviJake View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AviJake Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Jul 2015 at 6:04pm
Spoke with TJ.

If the IFD is looking for VHF selected course over ARINC-429 and is not receiving the value (as is the case right now with the Aspen integration), the green VOR line will not be drawn on the map.

This is the case because your primary selected course on the Aspen is still showing you deviation from the Aspen selected course but the IFD is not getting that course and therefore has no knowledge of the course and can not display it.

We do hope Aspen makes that change and sends out the course setting in both GPS and VLOC modes - that will make for a very nice IFD integration.

Steve Jacobson
sjacobson@avidyne.com
n7ifr View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote n7ifr Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Jul 2015 at 6:41pm
So, I guess that puts the issue to rest - no display from resolver ext. CDI as long as Aspen PFD is connected yet not sending Course info over its 429 line to IFD540.

Fingers crossed for future Aspen upgrade.

Thanks again, Steve.

Tom Wolf
oskrypuch View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote oskrypuch Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Jul 2015 at 8:05pm
Originally posted by oskrypuch oskrypuch wrote:

It is there if you are on a two line capable location, but x-track will no longer display in a one line location/format, like it would with 10.0.3. (as in my initial pic)

* Orest

Guess my thread got hijacked! In any case this still remains an issue.

* Orest
AviJake View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AviJake Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Jul 2015 at 8:09pm
Not quite.  Check out the 8:02pm post from 27 July.    We found and fixed the issue. 
Steve Jacobson
sjacobson@avidyne.com
oskrypuch View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote oskrypuch Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Jul 2015 at 8:21pm
Originally posted by AviJake AviJake wrote:

Not quite.  Check out the 8:02pm post from 27 July.    We found and fixed the issue. 

Ah, very good. Thanks.

* Orest
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic