Avidyne Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Avidyne General > IFD 5 Series & IFD 4 Series Touch Screen GPS/NAV/COM
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Who wants a keyboard?

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AviJake Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Who wants a keyboard?
    Posted: 09 Sep 2015 at 8:05am
Attention all Experimental Aircraft IFD440/540 customers:

We have a bunch of custom Bluetooth keyboards sitting in our factory waiting for FAA approval - so why wait?

We would like to mail them out and have folks start using them and provide feedback/PIREPS/whatever.   Here's what's involved:

1.  You must be an Experimental Aircraft (we still don't have the FAA STC approval that is required for Normal category aircraft).
2.  You must be running 10.1.0.0 (or later) code on your IFD(s).
3.  You must have registered your IFD(s).
4.  You want to start using the Bluetooth keyboard to interact  with your IFD(s) and be willing to provide feedback.

I've included a picture of the keyboard we'll send you below but please note that 10.1.0.0 software supports the numbers, letters and up/down, left/right arrows only.   All those cool function keys (e.g. FMS, MAP, AUX, OBS, PROC, Com, Nav, Xpdr, etc) don't start working until the 10.2.0.0 code.   We can look at getting you early copies of the 10.2.0.0 code when the time is right but we'll deal with that later.

So, if you're interested, please send me direct email (sjacobson@avidyne.com) and let me know and we'll get the ball rolling.

For you Normal category guys, the wait with the FAA continues.   We'll keep posting updates on that progress elsewhere.

Steve Jacobson
sjacobson@avidyne.com
DavidBunin View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DavidBunin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Sep 2015 at 1:47pm

There's some shmutz on your keyboard between the C and the V key.  This is why I avoid having lunch at my desk.  :)

TogaDriver View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TogaDriver Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Sep 2015 at 10:29am
Looks like bacon bits to me. And, Steve, that's just cruel to us certified owners. The keyboard, not the food particle...

So... 10.2.00 eh? Will that have adsb traffic too???
oskrypuch View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote oskrypuch Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Sep 2015 at 11:10am
That is certainly snazzy looking!

What are the exact dimensions? Are there any mount points or available outside screws? (just planning ahead)

* Orest

Edited by oskrypuch - 12 Sep 2015 at 11:10am
TogaDriver View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TogaDriver Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Sep 2015 at 12:25pm
I'm betting Velcro is your friend. I want a countdown/up timer integrated so I can put it on my yoke, where I currently have my highly valued kitchen timer.
jzawodn View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jzawodn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Sep 2015 at 6:15pm
Our Glastar meets all those requirements. How do I sign up?
AviJake View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AviJake Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Sep 2015 at 7:13pm
I'm out of the office until 28 Sep but send me an email (sjacobson@avidyne.com) with the address you want the keyboard mailed to.  We'll also send a tiny software file (a ".dsf" file) that you will load on the USB fob then on the IFD to enable the Bluetooth.

I *should* be able to get those on the way while I'm out.
Steve Jacobson
sjacobson@avidyne.com
jzawodn View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jzawodn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Sep 2015 at 7:16pm
Originally posted by AviJake AviJake wrote:

I'm out of the office until 28 Sep but send me an email (sjacobson@avidyne.com) with the address you want the keyboard mailed to.  We'll also send a tiny software file (a ".dsf" file) that you will load on the USB fob then on the IFD to enable the Bluetooth.

OK, email inbound now. Thanks.

Jeremy
jzawodn View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jzawodn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Sep 2015 at 7:50pm
Originally posted by jzawodn jzawodn wrote:

Originally posted by AviJake AviJake wrote:

OK, email inbound now. Thanks.

Jeremy

And it arrived today. I have to say it's smaller than I expected and that's *good* because I was wondering about the size...

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/6763272/2015-09-22%2016.42.24.jpg

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/6763272/2015-09-22%2016.43.02.jpg

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/6763272/2015-09-22%2016.43.50.jpg

Jeremy

Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic