Avidyne Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Avidyne General > IFD 5 Series & IFD 4 Series Touch Screen GPS/NAV/COM
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Persistent Traffic Failure alerts

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ptlevine Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Persistent Traffic Failure alerts
    Posted: 30 Sep 2015 at 7:37pm
I am getting recurring blue/yellow CAS messages about Traffic Sensor Fault/Failure alerts, including ones that say our traffic system won't initiate self test (which is isn't supposed to do), although it appears that the units continue to show traffic the whole time these alerts are reported and is certainly still showing up on our G500. Is this a known bug?
Our aircraft has Skywatch TAS. 
AviJake View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AviJake Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Oct 2015 at 10:51am
Pete,

I'm out of office for rest of week so I'll have to look into it early next week. I *think* this is a known issue with respect to potentially unwired discretes that allow the IFD to know and control the state of self test command. And I *think* the unit will actually behave just fine albeit with the inability to control self test. In other words, the traffic data is all present and correct. Will check next week.
Steve Jacobson
sjacobson@avidyne.com
LANCE View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LANCE Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Oct 2015 at 12:52pm
I think it must be a timing issue. My IFD540 many times shows an error message on the screen on startup re: Skywatch traffic. I've found if I leave my traffic switch off as the Avidyne is starting up and then turn Skywatch on after the 540 initializes then all is OK.
ptlevine View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ptlevine Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Oct 2015 at 12:19pm
Steve
AFIK, the traffic is still showing correctly notwithstanding the messages. At least it appears that way and looks the same on the G500 and IFD and on my KMD80. 
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic