Avidyne Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Avidyne General > IFD 5 Series & IFD 4 Series Touch Screen GPS/NAV/COM
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Maybe dumb question clearing fp & apr

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wookie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Maybe dumb question clearing fp & apr
    Posted: 08 Oct 2015 at 2:24pm
Was blindsided because I couldn't do a simple procedure on a recent flight and after
studying the documentation still couldn't do it!!

How does one delete the whole ACTIVE flight plan without turning off the box?   Book refers to
killing flight plans that are stored in "ROUTES" and the active isn't unless specifically stored best
I can tell.

And... How does one remove an approach from the flight plan?   I see that as you select one, a
LSK allows you to remove the current one which is helpful, but if one misses that opportunity
how does he remove the approach from the flight plan--to avoid lines running all over the place
on the display?

BH, awaiting wisdom
BH
oskrypuch View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote oskrypuch Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Oct 2015 at 4:52pm
To delete an arrival or approach, expand the FMS|FPL side tab, highlight the procedure, hit CLR. Done.

Assuming that you would want to create an entire new flight plan, rather than just amend the old, go into FMS|Route, create a new flight plan (even just a pair of waypoints), and activate it. Old plan is gone.

But there really isn't ever any need to delete the waypoints of an active flight plan, if your plans change, you just append new waypoints to the end of it, and continue flying. The need to delete a flight plan is kind of a G* thing.

* Orest

Edited by oskrypuch - 08 Oct 2015 at 5:05pm
oskrypuch View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote oskrypuch Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Oct 2015 at 9:45pm
Here is an even quicker way to delete a procedure, just discovered it.

Just highlight the airport of arrival on the FMS/plan strip, and push CLR. You will get a dialog that offers to delete the arrival or approach!

The airport of arrival won't be deleted.

* Orest

Edited by oskrypuch - 11 Oct 2015 at 9:45pm
Harmik View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Harmik Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Oct 2015 at 4:55pm
Orest,
New to this forum. Just got my Avidyne IFD540. I was trying your shortcut on the iPad simulator but could not get it to display the dialog box you were talking about. Is the actual unit capable of the shortcut where the sim is not?
Thanks,

Harmik
oskrypuch View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote oskrypuch Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Oct 2015 at 5:00pm
I have played around with this. The CLR will do different things, depending on whether the approach is active or not. You can even deactivate the approach (and add a GAP in the flight plan) if you hit CLR when you are cursored on first waypoint of the approach.

It definitely works on the actual unit, with the above provisos.

I do have the PC simulator installed, at the 10.1 level, and it works there as well ...

I don't do ithingies, but if you have the 10.1 version, I imagine it would work the same.

* Orest

Edited by oskrypuch - 19 Oct 2015 at 5:07pm
Harmik View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Harmik Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Oct 2015 at 6:14pm
Orest thanks. I don't have access to my pc sim where I am right now. I will try it when I get to my pc next week. Appreciate the quick response.
Cheers,
Harmik
Thanks,

Harmik
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic