Avidyne Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Avidyne General > DFC90/DFC100 Digital Autopilot
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

DFC90+430W=VNAV?

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rsaleur Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: DFC90+430W=VNAV?
    Posted: 08 Nov 2015 at 7:10am
Hi

I just bought a G2 SR22 Cirrus with Garmin 430 and STEC. I am contemplating upgrading to DFC90 A/P (which I had on my SR20 previous A/C) and 2x430W.

Will my A/C be able to fly VNAC and LPV approaches with this multiple upgrade of both the GPS and the A/P? My PFD is Adydine 8.0.3.

Best
Gring View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gring Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Nov 2015 at 9:09am
Yes.  Your original 430 non WAAS and STEC 55 could also fly LNAV approaches (No +V), so the DFC90 will be able to do the same.  The WAAS upgrade will get you vertical guidance on GPS approaches, namely LNAV+v, LNAV/VNAV, LP+V, and LPV approaches with either the STEC 55 or the DFC90.  The DFC90 adds the ability to do Indicated Airspeed Climbs, straight and level, envelope protection, and is a much better autopilot for tracking.
rsaleur View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rsaleur Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Nov 2015 at 10:26am
Thanks Gring for your advice. I read that I must also upgrade my PFD from 8.0.3 to 8.0.5 in order to be able to fly those GPS approaches with vertical guidance. Do you confirm?
Gring View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gring Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Nov 2015 at 12:22pm
I cannot confirm any of the Entegra software releases, you'll need to talk with tech support on that one.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic