Avidyne Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Avidyne General > IFD 5 Series & IFD 4 Series Touch Screen GPS/NAV/COM
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Dumb questions about VTF

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote scott Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Dumb questions about VTF
    Posted: 21 Nov 2015 at 9:13pm
Sorry for the dumb question. I looked in the manual but could not find the answer I was looking for. I was just flying the VOR-A into KFUL and I had the VOR-A approach loaded into the FMS. Prior to reaching the FAF (in this case, SLI) I was issued an approach clearance with vectors to final (I would not be overflying SLI). How do you activate vector to final? I know you can select vectors when you first select the IAF for the approach using the dropdown menu. But how do you select vectors after the approach has been loaded? With my old 430 you press the PROC button and there is a menu list with the first choice being Vectors to Final. Where is the Avidyne equivalent of that?
teeth6 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote teeth6 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Nov 2015 at 9:29pm
Scott,

I normally load the whole approach even if I am expecting VTF.  Once I am on vectors, I just activate the leg to the FAF.  By doing this, you maintain all the fixes on the approach.
scott View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote scott Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Nov 2015 at 9:58am
That is what I ended up doing. I just wondered if there was a better way of doing it.
warrenc View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote warrenc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Nov 2015 at 9:26pm
Originally posted by scott scott wrote:

That is what I ended up doing. I just wondered if there was a better way of doing it.

Actually, that was the preferred method with the 430.  If you loaded VTF, you lose all the fixes outside the FAF.  Loading the complete approach,  you can always activate the leg to the FAF from the IAP.
Warren
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic