Avidyne Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Avidyne General > EX-Series Multi-Function Displays
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

EX500 stuck in North Up?

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RON HINK Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: EX500 stuck in North Up?
    Posted: 08 Dec 2015 at 9:14am
My EX500 is coupled with my IFD540 and a Garmin 430.  Has been working well and is typically selected to the 430. I typically have it set in "Track Up". Recently, It appear to be in "North Up" and the airplane symbol is too North up but moving on the depicted route in the appropriate direction.  Looks like I am often in a 90' crab???  Looked at settings and they seem to be correct. Happens regardless of 540 or 430.  Any suggestions?

Edited by RON HINK - 08 Dec 2015 at 9:15am
Ron Hink
B55 - IFD540, EX500
AviSimpson View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AviSimpson Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Dec 2015 at 1:30pm
Our Tech Support team asked if you could call your local Avidyne dealer so that they could start troubleshooting.
Simpson Bennett
Avidyne Corporation
Product Manager
RON HINK View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RON HINK Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Dec 2018 at 8:36pm
Well....., I never got around to correcting this issue.  For whatever reason I simply reracked the EX500 with contact cleaner the other day and BINGO... works fine. 

While I was in the mood, I exchanged the GNS430W with the IFD440.  Now I am all Avidyne...., love it.
Ron Hink
B55 - IFD540, EX500
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic