Avidyne Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Avidyne General > IFD 5 Series & IFD 4 Series Touch Screen GPS/NAV/COM
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

GPS stayed Gold

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Stevei Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: GPS stayed Gold
    Posted: 06 Jun 2019 at 2:31pm
Yesterday, it took at least 15 minutes for GPS to go "Green". Clear sky, no obstructions. 

I checked Foreflight and it was fine with GPS. I decided to depart since it was a local flight, and upon doing my runup, GPS went live.

What would account for such a long delay?

Flybuddy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Flybuddy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Jun 2019 at 3:29pm
Was this first flight after update?
Stevei View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Stevei Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Jun 2019 at 3:47pm
No, it wasn’t, but the 2 previous following the update, took a while. Just not this long.
mfb View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote mfb Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Jun 2019 at 11:46pm
Did you activate your flight plan on the FMS page? The GPS icon won’t go green until the flight plan is activated. It activates automatically when you take off.

Mike
Stevei View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Stevei Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Jun 2019 at 10:40pm
Originally posted by mfb mfb wrote:

Did you activate your flight plan on the FMS page? The GPS icon won’t go green until the flight plan is activated. It activates automatically when you take off.

Mike

Mike,

Bingo. That's it.
Thanks so much. I'm a relatively new owner and I guess I activated flight plans earlier on previous flights.
Lesson learned.
khuffine View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote khuffine Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Jun 2019 at 11:45pm
Happened to me. It was already activated. I turned to vloc then back to gps and it went green instantly. May be a glitch.
Khuffine
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic