Avidyne Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Avidyne General > IFD 5 Series & IFD 4 Series Touch Screen GPS/NAV/COM
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

IFD and Foreflight Direct to

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote daveS Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: IFD and Foreflight Direct to
    Posted: 24 Nov 2021 at 8:44pm
Have a route in the IFD that goes from A->B->C.  Load the plan into FF with no issue.  Center vectors you while on the A-B segment so that you’re off course.  They then clear you direct C which I enter in the IFD. I do a Load from Panel in FF and nothing changes. I check Settings-IFD-route field in FF and it doesn’t show the changed route.

Tested in the air with my IFD440s and on the ground with the 10.3 trainer and have the same results. 

So is the IFD not sending Lat/Lon on a Direct to?

------------
dave
oskrypuch View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote oskrypuch Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Nov 2021 at 8:52pm
If the flight plan didn't change, there is nothing to update.

It doesn't sync active legs, or present position-direct.

* Orest
daveS View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote daveS Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Nov 2021 at 9:40pm
Disappointing. I’d argue the flight plan is changed since it is updated to go from current location to the next waypoint.
------------
dave
dmtidler View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dmtidler Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Nov 2021 at 10:58am
This is a FF issue discussed at length recently in the Avidyne Pilots Facebook forum. The recommendation is to contact FF tech support to generate enough interest that FF changes the way they code this issue. 
daveS View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote daveS Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Nov 2021 at 11:42am
I was part of the FB discussion and their were two issues discussed: auto update and Direct to.  It is clear that auto update is on the FF side.  I was less clear with Direct to.

There is a Route field in FF settings (Devices->IFD) that is populated by FF with what is sent by the IFD. When you do a Direct, this field does not change as expected.  There are two possibilities:  the IFD is not sending the new Direct plan or FF is not reading it correctly. 

I hope this is on the FF side as well. 

@AviSteve?
------------
dave
dmtidler View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dmtidler Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Nov 2021 at 2:18pm
I don’t know about the auto part; I know the direct-to download works as you wish with at least one other EFB manufacturer. This leads me to believe the issue is on the FF side of the equation. 
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic