Avidyne Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Avidyne General > IFD100 Mobile App
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

IFD100 Offline Charts Tab

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dmtidler Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: IFD100 Offline Charts Tab
    Posted: 15 Nov 2020 at 6:33pm
I noticed a few weeks ago that with this new split screen IFD100 app update, I lost offline access to the CHARTS tab. It appears that with both of my updated IFD100 equipped iPads, the CHARTS tab is not available unless WiFi connected to the panel IFD with a GPS position. I learned today that the CHARTS tab is not available on the updated IFD100 app even when WiFi connected to my panel IFD, if the panel IFD cannot determine a GPS position (i.e. in my hangar).

Is anyone else seeing this same change in IFD100 behavior?

dmtidler View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dmtidler Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Nov 2020 at 5:42pm
I also noticed that the Designated Waypoint datablock airport cannot be changed in this latest IFD100 release.
GRINGODS View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GRINGODS Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Nov 2020 at 8:47pm
LATEST UPDATE TO IFD 100 10.2.4.1 CAN NO LONGER USE MINI IPADS. NO CHARTS NO BLUETOOTH HOPE AVIDYNE REVERSES COURSE TO 10.2.3.1*************

DO NOT UPGRADE!
dmtidler View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dmtidler Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Nov 2020 at 9:55pm
My iPad mini (5th Generation) is running the latest IFD100 app identical to my iPad Pro. The charts tab shows up now only when connected to my IFD540 with a GPS position. 
teeth6 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote teeth6 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Dec 2020 at 4:04pm
I have charts and do not see the issues you describe

dmtidler View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dmtidler Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Dec 2020 at 4:44pm
Originally posted by teeth6 teeth6 wrote:

I have charts and do not see the issues you describe

Just to clarify, you have the latest split screen update to the IFD100 (version 10.2.9) and can access the IFD100 charts tab at any time while not WiFi connected to your panel IFD? Can you also change the IFD100 Designated Waypoint datablock?

Both my iPad Pro and 5th gen iPad mini are currently running iOS 14.2 and exhibit these same behaviors. I even tried uninstalling / reinstalling the IFD100 then reconnecting to the IFD540 on the mini with no change in behavior several weeks ago.
teeth6 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote teeth6 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Dec 2020 at 4:57pm
Sorry for the confusion.   I thought he couldn’t access his charts at all.   I do not have the chart tab unless I’m connected to the IFD but show them fine when connected. 
I don’t use the designated waypoint on the IFD100 so can’t comment on that. 
n7ifr View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote n7ifr Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Dec 2020 at 5:25pm
Lots of stuff on new "upgraade" no longer functioning:

1.  Flight Plans on IFD100 no longer cross synching with IFD540's - Routes OK though.
2.  "Designated Wpt" no longer functions on IFD100
3.  Chart issue as noted in thread.

Hope these get fixed asap.

Tom W.

Edited by n7ifr - 02 Dec 2020 at 5:26pm
dmtidler View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dmtidler Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Dec 2020 at 6:13pm
Originally posted by n7ifr n7ifr wrote:

Lots of stuff on new "upgraade" no longer functioning:

1.  Flight Plans on IFD100 no longer cross synching with IFD540's - Routes OK though.
2.  "Designated Wpt" no longer functions on IFD100
3.  Chart issue as noted in thread.

Hope these get fixed asap.

Tom W.

I have not seen the flight plan cross synching issue between my IFD540 and IFD100s; I will watch for it.
dmtidler View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dmtidler Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Dec 2020 at 7:03pm
I just tried out the flight plan syncing during an 1+ flight between my IFD100 and panel IFD540 and did not have any issues. I performed several flight plan modifications and procedure insertions from the IFD100 that correctly synced to the IFD540 and vice versa.

Last week at the hangar I did have a message regarding flight sync being disabled on my IFD100 when I was testing connectivity; however, that was expected as I had a different navigation database revision in the IFD100 than in the IFD540 at the time.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic