Avidyne Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Avidyne General > IFD100 Mobile App
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

IFD100 Offline Charts Tab

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dmtidler Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: IFD100 Offline Charts Tab
    Posted: 15 Nov 2020 at 6:33pm
I noticed a few weeks ago that with this new split screen IFD100 app update, I lost offline access to the CHARTS tab. It appears that with both of my updated IFD100 equipped iPads, the CHARTS tab is not available unless WiFi connected to the panel IFD with a GPS position. I learned today that the CHARTS tab is not available on the updated IFD100 app even when WiFi connected to my panel IFD, if the panel IFD cannot determine a GPS position (i.e. in my hangar).

Is anyone else seeing this same change in IFD100 behavior?

dmtidler View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dmtidler Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Nov 2020 at 5:42pm
I also noticed that the Designated Waypoint datablock airport cannot be changed in this latest IFD100 release.
GRINGODS View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GRINGODS Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Nov 2020 at 8:47pm
LATEST UPDATE TO IFD 100 10.2.4.1 CAN NO LONGER USE MINI IPADS. NO CHARTS NO BLUETOOTH HOPE AVIDYNE REVERSES COURSE TO 10.2.3.1*************

DO NOT UPGRADE!
dmtidler View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dmtidler Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Nov 2020 at 9:55pm
My iPad mini (5th Generation) is running the latest IFD100 app identical to my iPad Pro. The charts tab shows up now only when connected to my IFD540 with a GPS position. 
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic