Avidyne Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Avidyne General > AXP340/322 ADS-B Transponder
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

IFD540 out for maintenance no mode C

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote drapo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: IFD540 out for maintenance no mode C
    Posted: 26 Sep 2020 at 1:18pm
I think I know the answer after reading a few posts here and asking around, but just want to make sure it's the right answer and wether there is a way around it.

So my IFD540 was sent to the factory with a com issue. Since I have a #2 radio, I decided to continue my VFR flying using it and bringing a portable Vertex radio just in case. What's is the link with the transponder you'll say, well here it is; our IFD540 being out of it's rack, the connection between the mode C and the transponder seems to be interrupted and ATC doesn't receive our altitude, although the AXP340 is in the Alt mode and there is no altitude on the transmitted altitude display.

Questions for @AviSteve or somebody at Avidyne:
1- Is there a way around that situation not using the  controls on the IFD540?
2- When the IFD is back, is there a connection that can be made to make sure the AXP340 doesn't need the IFD for it's mode C information?

AviSteve View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AviSteve Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Sep 2020 at 8:55am
The AXP340 can accept altitude inputs from other sources than the IFD.  For instance, an Icarus encoder or an air data computer.  Your installer probably already knows the options available to you given the equipment installed in your aircraft.  Have him contact Avidyne tech support for assistance if necessary.
Steve Lindsley
Avidyne Engineering
drapo View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote drapo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Sep 2020 at 3:25pm
Thanks! 
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic