Avidyne Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Avidyne General > IFD 5 Series & IFD 4 Series Touch Screen GPS/NAV/COM
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Navdata updates

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Robert114 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Navdata updates
    Posted: 06 Jun 2019 at 5:53pm
Following the last two Jeppesen navdata updates, I noticed on the subscription page of my IFD 540 that the updates were yellow like the expired obstacle and chart subscriptions. The previous times, it was white. The effective date was correct. I no longer am able to send flight plans from ForeFlight to the 540. Also, on a recent flight, I kept getting notices the the 540 was no longer connected to ForeFlight. 

While searching the forum for explanations, I saw that there have been 2 software updates, one for a GPS rollover and a general software update (10.2.3.1). I haven’t received any notices from Avidyne or the avionics A&P about these updates. 1. Will these updates resolve my issues? 2. I see where I can do the upgrades with an A&P. How do I get the files and get notified of future upgrades? 3. If I just do the 10.2.3.1, does that supersede the GPS rollover or do I need to do both?

Thanks in advance for any help.

Robert
oskrypuch View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote oskrypuch Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Jun 2019 at 6:05pm
The issue is the GPS rollover.

The mini update will fix that, but 10.2.3.1 contains that same fix.

You can update with an A&P.

We highly recommend that you use one of our Avidyne Authorized Dealers to provide the update but we are providing it to you if you would like your A/P, I/A or Repair shop to do it for you. Click below to request the software.

To get updates, you just need to register your IFD, and provide your email.

* Orest

Edited by oskrypuch - 06 Jun 2019 at 6:07pm
Robert114 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Robert114 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Jun 2019 at 5:33am
Thanks Orest for your quick response. Glad to hear my “issues” will be resolved with the software update. I’ll have the Avidyne dealer do the work. 

Robert
safari View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote safari Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Jun 2019 at 12:29pm
In my case the update did not contain the roll over fix and had to add that after the dealer did the update. He was told it did  but perhaps some of the software updates do not. 
Dave
oskrypuch View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote oskrypuch Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Jun 2019 at 2:58pm
Originally posted by safari safari wrote:

In my case the update did not contain the roll over fix and had to add that after the dealer did the update. He was told it did  but perhaps some of the software updates do not. 

There is a different 10.2.3.1 update for different installed versions. Perhaps if you don't pick the correct one, you may use one that does not have the rollover fix.

* Orest

Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic