Avidyne Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Avidyne General > IFD 5 Series & IFD 4 Series Touch Screen GPS/NAV/COM
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Single WiFi Connection

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote steve.crimm@stephens Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Single WiFi Connection
    Posted: 10 Jun 2019 at 1:11pm
Is it possible to have a single WiFi connect to share data between ForeFlight, Dynon SkyView and my IFD440?
I like being able to load flight plans each way between FF and SkyView and FF and Avidyne, but it requires changing my WiFi connection.   Would like to have a single WiFi environment inside the aircraft.

Thanks in advance
Steve
HenryM View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote HenryM Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Jun 2019 at 3:38pm
The IFD440 can be set to Remote mode in the maintenance menus. It can then connect to other WiFi networks. I don't know anything about the Skyview specifically, but people use this feature to connect both the IFD and the iPad to a Stratus network. Foreflight can then get traffic and weather from the Stratus while exchanging flight plans with the IFD.

Can the Skyview connect to another network? Maybe you can make it connect to the IFD network. Does it support multiple devices connecting to its network server, so both the iPad and IFD use its access point?
steve.crimm@stephens View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote steve.crimm@stephens Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Jun 2019 at 8:58pm
Created a separate wifi connection (now that we can have 4) to the Dynon SkyView system as a remote wifi.  Still was not able to share any information either from SkyView or FF.

The quest continues.

Steve
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic