Avidyne Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Avidyne General > IFD100 Mobile App
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

IFD100 release 10.2.8

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Message Reverse Sort Order
dmtidler View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dmtidler Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: IFD100 release 10.2.8
    Posted: 15 Oct 2019 at 11:21am
Thanks Steve!

Those suggestions may have worked to extend the usefulness of my mini; hopefully they help another IFD100 user experiencing the same IFD100 update issue.

I sensed my original iPad mini was well into borrowed time already as most apps I use no longer support its older memory limitations in their latest versions. I almost replaced it a few months ago....this gave me the impetus to finally move on that. Plus, the new screen should be more readable in sunlight.

Edited by dmtidler - 15 Oct 2019 at 11:52am
AviSteve View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AviSteve Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Oct 2019 at 9:40am
There may still be life in the mini.  It could just be that there is leftover stuff taking up space that keeps the IFD100 from having enough.  Our IFD100 guy recommends deleting all unwanted apps, making a backup on iCloud or iTunes, then restoring from backup.  That will clean up storage, which could be causing the information retention problem.
Steve Lindsley
Avidyne Engineering
dmtidler View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dmtidler Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Oct 2019 at 6:34pm
As suspected, the iPad Pro running the latest IFD100 release connected normally to the IFD540.
dmtidler View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dmtidler Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Oct 2019 at 4:27pm
I may have answered my own question regarding further things to try....my aging iPad mini. Even though it meets the listed iOS requirements for the IFD100, suddenly it’s not handling this app like newer iPads. A spot check of running the latest release of the IFD100 on two different iPad Pros resulted in normal retention of flight plans and user profile changes across app restarts. I expect they will configure normally to my IFD540...will keep you posted.
dmtidler View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dmtidler Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Oct 2019 at 3:24pm
As of October 9th, the latest release of the Avidyne IFD100 (version 10.2.8) is available from the App Store. This version is advertised as being compatible with IFD version 10.2.4.1 or earlier.

I downloaded this version yesterday to replace a rather solidly working IFD100 version 10.2.7 on my iPad mini. I had several issues with this IFD right away:
  • The upgrade erased all of my IFD100 stored routes and user profiles
  • Any changes to the user profiles were not remembered across a restart of the app
  • Any added flight plans were not retained across a restart of the app
Today I tried WiFi connecting this new version of the IFD100 to my airplane's IFD540 with the following results:
  • The WiFi connected normally and the IFD540 stored routes synced into the IFD100; however, the IFD100 routes disappear when the app is restarted until it re-syncs with the IFD540.
  • Route modifications work normally.
  • Expected Config Modified status message upon initial setup; however, message reappears after every app restart with no apparent change to the displayed IFD100 configuration. For instance, the Map SVS tab never appeared on the IFD100 even when the IFD540 had a GPS position.
  • As a result of the Config Modified status apparently not sticking across an IFD100 restart, fuel related datablocks cannot be selected.
Here is what I tried with no change in results:
  • Originally I updated the app from the App Store
  • I subsequently deactivated the Jepp seat for the IFD100, uninstalled the IFD100, reset the iPad mini, reinstalled the IFD100, reactivated the Jepp seat and downloaded the Jepp data.
  • Verified the IFD Type, IFD Chassis ID #, and iPad ID # were correct in the IFD100 Settings page. BTW - there is a new toggle on the IFD100 Settings page labeled "WIFI ADS-B Support"...I don't fully know what that does; but I tried it in both the on and off positions with no change in results.
Any ideas of other things to try?

Additionally, it was mentioned in another thread that it would be great if Avidyne and Apple would arrange a link to the previous version of the IFD100 app. +1...I've seen links to older App versions with other App Store apps, although it was primarily when the current App version isn't compatible with an older version of iOS.

Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic