Avidyne Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Avidyne General > IFD 5 Series & IFD 4 Series Touch Screen GPS/NAV/COM
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

WiFi Stopped Working w/Stratus and Data Blocks

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote skybum02 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: WiFi Stopped Working w/Stratus and Data Blocks
    Posted: 31 Aug 2020 at 9:19pm
My WiFi all of a sudden stopped working with my IFD440 and Stratus.  Was working fine then it didn't.  One thing I think that may have messed things up is that I was in a hotel so I turned on my iPad WiFi VPN (Nord VPN) which has an auto connect feature.  I think that it was trying to connect the VPN while on the Stratus WiFi.  I noticed that and disabled it.  But I can't get my IFD440 to connect to the Stratus.

Any suggestions to rectify that?

Also the data blocks are all messed up on boot up and go to the bottom block...again...I fixed it and can't remember what I did to fix that. 

Thanks
teeth6 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote teeth6 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Sep 2020 at 7:10am
Are you sure you didn't inadvertently change the user on the IFD?  If the data blocks changed, you may have unknowingly selected another user
skybum02 View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote skybum02 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Sep 2020 at 9:33pm
The user ID didn't change, it is just me using the IFD440.  I think there was a trick posted about how to get the data blocks to boot with the desired one at the top vs scrolling up every time I start the IFD440.

Also I'll probably need to change the SSID for the Stratus so that the IFD "forgets" that one and then reboot.  From there I"ll need to reload the SSID for the Stratus and hopefully the IFD440 joins that WiFi. 
teeth6 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote teeth6 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Sep 2020 at 10:01pm
I misunderstood your issue.  I thought you were saying the data blocks were all different instead of the column of blocks just shifting down. 
AviSteve View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AviSteve Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Sep 2020 at 10:39am
Originally posted by skybum02 skybum02 wrote:

... I think there was a trick posted about how to get the data blocks to boot with the desired one at the top vs scrolling up every time I start the IFD440...
You mean this post
Steve Lindsley
Avidyne Engineering
skybum02 View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote skybum02 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Nov 2020 at 3:04pm
Just closing the loop on this incase anyone else runs into this issue. The IFD and the WiFi now appears to work ok, I haven't had the chance to fly due to some family commitments. 

The shop corrected the issue with "Avidyne Service Bulletin 601-00182-047 Loss of Wi-FI Bluetooth Functionality." 

Avidyne send the shop a Wi-Fi module that plugs in externally to the unit.  Easy fix, I think it is like an SD card.  Just wish we could have resolved it quicker. 
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic