Avidyne Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Avidyne General > IFD 5 Series & IFD 4 Series Touch Screen GPS/NAV/COM
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - Best contact at Jeppeson for update purchases ?
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Best contact at Jeppeson for update purchases ?

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bad1996 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Best contact at Jeppeson for update purchases ?
    Posted: 12 Oct 2016 at 3:11pm
Seems like some folks mentioned a specific contact that was familiar with the Avidyne updates. By searching it looks like half the US for a single navdata is around $180. Anyone know how much a single is for the entire US ? It's too bad Jeppesons website is horrible. I'm still not a happy camper that I buy a new box like the 540 and it comes with an old old database :-( Even with my Garmin handhelds I always got a certificate for a fresh update. I thought Avidyne was going to address this but I give up. Thanks
AviSimpson View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AviSimpson Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Oct 2016 at 3:35pm
PM sent.
Simpson Bennett
Avidyne Corporation
Product Manager
Flierx View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Flierx Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Oct 2016 at 10:36pm
Jepp just invoiced me for the Full USA Revision Service (Integrated Bundle) for the 540 and 440 for the year:  $1638.40!  (Last year was a mind boggling $990!)
So, Mike emailed a revised invoice:  only $1,011.90 for the year.  "Only" a $21.90 increase from last year.  
What they can do as monopolists.  Sure seems like a hefty incentive for a geeky entrepreneur.
Keep it safe!
ddgates View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ddgates Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Oct 2016 at 9:28am
My bill for IFDs and Aspen PFD/MFD = $1790.  That's ~ 150/month!

Seattle Avionics is standing at the ready to provide Jepp some healthy competition.  Avidyne could support this.
David Gates
oskrypuch View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote oskrypuch Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Oct 2016 at 9:34am
Who is Mike?

Just got a Jepp invoice for the coming year, and it is way up.

* Orest

Edited by oskrypuch - 15 Oct 2016 at 9:35am
MarkZ View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MarkZ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Oct 2016 at 9:46am
My mission was to rid myself of the big "G" and "J".
Alouicious View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Alouicious Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Oct 2016 at 9:36pm
Mike answered the phone at Jepp:  1800 621 5377

Jepp has on several other occasions invoiced me incorrectly - never too little, either.

I think that Jepp has such a grip on the FAA, now with 'unlimited' Boeing assets, that breaking their monopoly will be nigh impossible.  Seattle Avionics has (had?) the best opportunity, and Avidyne was talking with them early on, before the release of the 540.

Agree with MarkZ.  

Good luck!
Be happy! Your choice.
comancheguy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote comancheguy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Oct 2016 at 1:45pm
I balked at the fantasticly discounted price of around $1000 for both of my IFD-540s.  But, now the airport at my mom's (where the weather is not that great) has two spiffy new LPV approaches that aren't in my old dbs.  So, I'm gonna have to pay the Jeppeson "VIG".  

My wish list: 
1)  Support Seattle Avionics data
2)  Make XM weather move (scroll)

Ken
Royski View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Royski Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Oct 2016 at 1:52pm
Another data point: my last Jepp invoice (about 11 months ago) was $465 plus tax for a year of full US Nav coverage.   I prefer my charts elsewhere where they're both easier to read and less expensive.
n7ifr View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote n7ifr Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Oct 2016 at 2:15pm
Agree would be great if Avidyne worked with Seattle (NACO) for approach plates, etc. instead of Jepp. 

My understanding with Avidyne is that as of now, in order to incorporate the long anticipated IFD100 with v10.2 we need to be subscribing to Jepp as well.

Tom Wolf
Leonard View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Leonard Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Oct 2016 at 12:31am
Originally posted by MarkZ MarkZ wrote:

My mission was to rid myself of the big "G" and "J".
+1 

Edited by Leonard - 18 Oct 2016 at 12:32am
Leonard View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Leonard Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Oct 2016 at 12:34am
Originally posted by comancheguy comancheguy wrote:

I balked at the fantasticly discounted price of around $1000 for both of my IFD-540s.  But, now the airport at my mom's (where the weather is not that great) has two spiffy new LPV approaches that aren't in my old dbs.  So, I'm gonna have to pay the Jeppeson "VIG".  

My wish list: 
1)  Support Seattle Avionics data
2)  Make XM weather move (scroll)

Ken
+1
MarkZ View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MarkZ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Oct 2016 at 8:47am
The big "J" should cut us some slack for all the time we spent updating those binders.
DavidBunin View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DavidBunin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Oct 2016 at 4:24pm
Originally posted by comancheguy comancheguy wrote:

Make XM weather move (scroll)

And ADS-B weather.  Let's not limit ourselves to one data pipe.

My "ask" would be to make a weather loop play feature available regardless of the data source.

David Bunin
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic