Print Page | Close Window

Best contact at Jeppeson for update purchases ?

Printed From: Avidyne
Category: Avidyne General
Forum Name: IFD 5 Series & IFD 4 Series Touch Screen GPS/NAV/COM
Forum Description: Topics on Avidyne's IFD 5 Series and IFD 4 Series Touch Screen GPS/NAV/COM
URL: http://forums.avidyne.com/forum_posts.asp?TID=1162
Printed Date: 05 May 2024 at 2:49pm
Software Version: Web Wiz Forums 12.01 - http://www.webwizforums.com

Topic: Best contact at Jeppeson for update purchases ?
Posted By: Bad1996
Subject: Best contact at Jeppeson for update purchases ?
Date Posted: 12 Oct 2016 at 3:11pm
Seems like some folks mentioned a specific contact that was familiar with the Avidyne updates. By searching it looks like half the US for a single navdata is around $180. Anyone know how much a single is for the entire US ? It's too bad Jeppesons website is horrible. I'm still not a happy camper that I buy a new box like the 540 and it comes with an old old database :-( Even with my Garmin handhelds I always got a certificate for a fresh update. I thought Avidyne was going to address this but I give up. Thanks

Replies:
Posted By: AviSimpson
Date Posted: 12 Oct 2016 at 3:35pm
PM sent.

-------------
Simpson Bennett
Avidyne Corporation
Product Manager

Posted By: Flierx
Date Posted: 14 Oct 2016 at 10:36pm
Jepp just invoiced me for the Full USA Revision Service (Integrated Bundle) for the 540 and 440 for the year:  $1638.40!  (Last year was a mind boggling $990!)
So, Mike emailed a revised invoice:  only $1,011.90 for the year.  "Only" a $21.90 increase from last year.  
What they can do as monopolists.  Sure seems like a hefty incentive for a geeky entrepreneur.

-------------
Keep it safe!

Posted By: ddgates
Date Posted: 15 Oct 2016 at 9:28am
My bill for IFDs and Aspen PFD/MFD = $1790.  That's ~ 150/month!

Seattle Avionics is standing at the ready to provide Jepp some healthy competition.  Avidyne could support this.

-------------
David Gates

Posted By: oskrypuch
Date Posted: 15 Oct 2016 at 9:34am
Who is Mike?

Just got a Jepp invoice for the coming year, and it is way up.

* Orest

Posted By: MarkZ
Date Posted: 15 Oct 2016 at 9:46am
My mission was to rid myself of the big "G" and "J".

Posted By: Alouicious
Date Posted: 15 Oct 2016 at 9:36pm
Mike answered the phone at Jepp:  1800 621 5377

Jepp has on several other occasions invoiced me incorrectly - never too little, either.

I think that Jepp has such a grip on the FAA, now with 'unlimited' Boeing assets, that breaking their monopoly will be nigh impossible.  Seattle Avionics has (had?) the best opportunity, and Avidyne was talking with them early on, before the release of the 540.

Agree with MarkZ.  

Good luck!

-------------
Be happy! Your choice.

Posted By: comancheguy
Date Posted: 17 Oct 2016 at 1:45pm
I balked at the fantasticly discounted price of around $1000 for both of my IFD-540s.  But, now the airport at my mom's (where the weather is not that great) has two spiffy new LPV approaches that aren't in my old dbs.  So, I'm gonna have to pay the Jeppeson "VIG".  

My wish list: 
1)  Support Seattle Avionics data
2)  Make XM weather move (scroll)

Ken

Posted By: Royski
Date Posted: 17 Oct 2016 at 1:52pm
Another data point: my last Jepp invoice (about 11 months ago) was $465 plus tax for a year of full US Nav coverage.   I prefer my charts elsewhere where they're both easier to read and less expensive.

Posted By: n7ifr
Date Posted: 17 Oct 2016 at 2:15pm
Agree would be great if Avidyne worked with Seattle (NACO) for approach plates, etc. instead of Jepp. 

My understanding with Avidyne is that as of now, in order to incorporate the long anticipated IFD100 with v10.2 we need to be subscribing to Jepp as well.

Tom Wolf

Posted By: Leonard
Date Posted: 18 Oct 2016 at 12:31am
Originally posted by MarkZ MarkZ wrote:

My mission was to rid myself of the big "G" and "J".
+1 

Posted By: Leonard
Date Posted: 18 Oct 2016 at 12:34am
Originally posted by comancheguy comancheguy wrote:

I balked at the fantasticly discounted price of around $1000 for both of my IFD-540s.  But, now the airport at my mom's (where the weather is not that great) has two spiffy new LPV approaches that aren't in my old dbs.  So, I'm gonna have to pay the Jeppeson "VIG".  

My wish list: 
1)  Support Seattle Avionics data
2)  Make XM weather move (scroll)

Ken
+1

Posted By: MarkZ
Date Posted: 18 Oct 2016 at 8:47am
The big "J" should cut us some slack for all the time we spent updating those binders.

Posted By: DavidBunin
Date Posted: 18 Oct 2016 at 4:24pm
Originally posted by comancheguy comancheguy wrote:

Make XM weather move (scroll)

And ADS-B weather.  Let's not limit ourselves to one data pipe.

My "ask" would be to make a weather loop play feature available regardless of the data source.

David Bunin

Print Page | Close Window

Forum Software by Web Wiz Forums® version 12.01 - http://www.webwizforums.com
Copyright ©2001-2018 Web Wiz Ltd. - https://www.webwiz.net