Avidyne Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Avidyne General > EX-Series Multi-Function Displays
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

DAU Needed but overhaul cost outrageous

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wilibar Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: DAU Needed but overhaul cost outrageous
    Posted: 17 Dec 2018 at 11:31am
My EGTs are not displaying on my Avidyne Entegra MFD.  Everything else displays normally.  It seems the DAU (Data Aquisition Unit) requires repair.   Apparently a company, Radiant Power, has bought out the original manufacturer Moritz.  The cost to overhaul the unit is now $3750 when I called Radiant Power.

There needs to be a better option as this is an expensive repair.  Does anyone have a DAU for sale? Avidyne should build a replacement since there seems to be thousands out there that'll need servicing.  
On-demand air charter operator, Cirrus SR22, based in Miami. Instantly check availability, pricing and book online anytime on our web app https://aviatorservices.com
Catani View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Catani Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Dec 2018 at 11:50pm
Have you had your mechanic or avionics shop check the integrity of the connectors and wiring between the DAU and sensors?  From what  I read, that's usually the cause - rarely the DAU itself.  But check your connectors at the firewall first, it's common for them to loosen up over time.
Ibraham View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ibraham Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Dec 2018 at 10:02am
We had a similar problem with the RPM being very erratic no change in engine sound, after the flight we sprayed some contact cleaner at the connector on the firewall and wiggled it, that fixed the problem. The connectors on the firewall are exposed to the elements, and sometimes some corrosion causes problems. Another option is to spray Corrosion-X on all the connectors, that will also protect other parts. Check with your mechanic before you start removing parts.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic