Avidyne Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Avidyne General > IFD 5 Series & IFD 4 Series Touch Screen GPS/NAV/COM
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

IFD Trainer App for XPlane

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
Author
Message Reverse Sort Order
rfriend View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rfriend Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Oct 2021 at 2:35pm
Just downloaded the app. Does the app send flight plans to x-plane or receive flight plans from x-plane? Unable to do so here. The com and nav interacts bi-directional. Is it possible to post a few notes regarding capabilities. Thx rf
AviSteve View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AviSteve Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Oct 2021 at 9:41pm
For certified software, we have FAA rules.  For iPad apps, we have Apple rules :(  ...
Steve Lindsley
Avidyne Engineering
Jmfmem View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jmfmem Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Oct 2021 at 10:28am
Any update on availability?
Looking forward to it.
AviSteve View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AviSteve Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Sep 2021 at 10:46am
I'm aware.  We're getting there...
Steve Lindsley
Avidyne Engineering
Speedbird1 View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Speedbird1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Sep 2021 at 10:23am
I was going to ask the same thing. I've been looking for this for sometime now!

doog View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote doog Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Sep 2021 at 12:18am
When can we expect it?  been more than a few days.

Jmfmem View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jmfmem Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Sep 2021 at 1:47pm
Awesome!
Well now I’m checking the App Store about 5x a day to see when it will be available.  This really is a powerful development and I believe will help see more IFDs.
Thanks
John Freeman
AviSteve View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AviSteve Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Sep 2021 at 9:51am
Originally posted by Jmfmem Jmfmem wrote:

Do you know if the trainer can be set to drive the autopilot and interact with other instruments as a true nav/com 1 or nav/com 2?
For instance it would be great to have true VOR signal simulation to use with the IFDs.
Thanks
John Freeman
Memphis TN
Yes, it will do both of those things.
Steve Lindsley
Avidyne Engineering
AviSteve View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AviSteve Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Sep 2021 at 9:39am
Originally posted by HenryM HenryM wrote:

Now if you could make it work with the Redbird flight sim (BATD) that I use for currency ...
Originally posted by oskrypuch oskrypuch wrote:

Any chance you will be looking at doing something similar for L-M's Prepar3d (P3D) ?
Originally posted by MysticCobra MysticCobra wrote:

Ditto for the Elite sim rig that I use for currency.
I'm not saying it's out of the question, but we're not currently looking at other flight simulators.

Edited by AviSteve - 20 Sep 2021 at 9:42am
Steve Lindsley
Avidyne Engineering
MysticCobra View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MysticCobra Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Sep 2021 at 3:05pm
Originally posted by HenryM HenryM wrote:

Now if you could make it work with the Redbird flight sim (BATD) that I use for currency ...
Ditto for the Elite sim rig that I use for currency.
Speedbird1 View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Speedbird1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Sep 2021 at 9:28am
Excellent.  Thank you so much.  Have been waiting for this.  This is the sort of stuff that really adds value.  Again, thank you.

Jmfmem View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jmfmem Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Sep 2021 at 11:53pm
Do you know if the trainer can be set to drive the autopilot and interact with other instruments as a true nav/com 1 or nav/com 2?
For instance it would be great to have true VOR signal simulation to use with the IFDs.
Thanks
John Freeman
Memphis TN
Jmfmem View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jmfmem Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Sep 2021 at 11:36pm
Oh my goodness! This is such good news. I have been waiting for this for a long time. The ability to use IFDs in the simulator environment is huge for me. It really increases my “muscle memory” of working the IFDs and thus my safety and competency in single pilot IFR.
Thanks Avidyne 
John Freeman
Memphis TN
oskrypuch View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote oskrypuch Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Sep 2021 at 3:41pm
Well, thanks for that, a step in the right direction.

Any chance you will be looking at doing something similar for L-M's Prepar3d (P3D) ?

* Orest
HenryM View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote HenryM Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Sep 2021 at 2:28am
Looking forward to this. 

doog View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote doog Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Sep 2021 at 11:21pm
Wow amazing!  thank you thank you thank you

Robert114 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Robert114 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Sep 2021 at 10:01pm
Whoo hoo, sweet! I just built a sim with XPlane 11. Can’t wait to start practicing instrument procedures using the IFD 540 Trainer instead of a faux G* GPS. This will really help with proficiency.
AviSteve View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (6) Thanks(6)   Quote AviSteve Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Sep 2021 at 3:50pm
Be on the lookout over the next few days for a new IFD Trainer app for XPlane which will be available soon on the app store.

The iPad app will automatically connect to an instance of XPlane that is running on the same network.  No plugin for XPlane is required.  We know it works with XPlane 11 and it probably works with previous versions.  You won't see a picture of the IFD if you zoom in on the XPlane cockpit.  Doesn't matter, though, because you'll have a nice big IFD running full time on your iPad!

Steve Lindsley
Avidyne Engineering
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
  Share Topic