Avidyne Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Avidyne General > IFD 5 Series & IFD 4 Series Touch Screen GPS/NAV/COM
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

IFD540 Draft Pilot Guide Available

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123
Author
Message Reverse Sort Order
roltman View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote roltman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Dec 2013 at 5:39pm

In chapter 5 the CDI knob is described; however, there is no description of it's use in or the activation of HDG mode?  However table on p151/198 describes transitions from HDG mode.  Is there a missing description, functionality that has been removed but not undocumented or did I just miss that section?

It mentions data updates are >15 minute via the USB in the aircraft?  I assume the unit's comm radio can be used during this phase?  I'd also think making the checklists functionality available while updating would be a smart idea.

-ryan

MikeK View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MikeK Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Dec 2013 at 5:07pm
Hah!  Nice touch making the USB port available for device charging.  That's a handy feature in case the iPad's battery runs low...
AzAv8r View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AzAv8r Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Dec 2013 at 4:56pm
Awesome!  My wife and I will start studying.

Jon

MikeK View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MikeK Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Dec 2013 at 4:40pm
Super!  This goes right onto the iPad for reading!
oskrypuch View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote oskrypuch Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Dec 2013 at 4:10pm
I'm travelling right now, but really looking forward to having a look at it tomorrow.

Thanks!

* Orest

AviJake View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AviJake Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Dec 2013 at 3:03pm
BTW, you'll note the very last page of the posted doc has a date identifying the specific draft so as I post new updated variants, you'll be able to tell from that last page.
Steve Jacobson
sjacobson@avidyne.com
AviJake View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AviJake Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Dec 2013 at 3:01pm
Hi all,

I've just posted a draft of the IFD540 Pilot Guide at:

http://www.avidyne.com/support/downloads/ifd-series.asp

I had some formatting challenges when converting it to pdf that I'll clean up in the near future.   Some pagination got screwed up (you'll see I highlighted some of those page number errors in yellow) and I see some page rippling happened in Section 6.   The Index is also incomplete from a page numbering perspective.

When I posted draft versions of the Transponder and Audio Panel pilot guides, I received a lot of terrific feedback on ways to improve those docs that I incorporated so I'm hoping for the same here.

I view the content of this doc as 100% complete so have at it....

Steve Jacobson
sjacobson@avidyne.com
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123
  Share Topic