Avidyne Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Avidyne General > IFD 5 Series & IFD 4 Series Touch Screen GPS/NAV/COM
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

IFD Trainer App for XPlane

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
Author
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote vancinad Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Nov 2021 at 5:00pm
What are the requirements for the IFD Trainer Xp app? I have two iPads, one mini (Model MD965LL/A) running iOS 9.3.5 and the other a full size iPad (Model MD363LL/A) running iOS 9.3.6. When trying to install I get the message, '"IFD Trainer Xp" is not compatible with this iPad'.

The app lists only iOS 9.1 as a requirement. Is this inaccurate or is there something else I'm missing?
AviSteve View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AviSteve Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Nov 2021 at 9:02pm
Pretty sure it can still run on iOS 9, but the iPad has to be 64-bit capable.  Your iPads are both 32-bit.
Steve Lindsley
Avidyne Engineering
vancinad View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote vancinad Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Nov 2021 at 3:04pm
Ah, that makes sense. Perfect. Thanks, Steve!
brou0040 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote brou0040 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Nov 2021 at 7:11pm
Steve, thank you for getting this capability past the finish line!  It was pretty straight forward to get it up and running especially after reading the forums.  Now to test with the Carenado CT206H.
Kenny Rounds View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kenny Rounds Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Nov 2021 at 1:08pm
FYI:

I did a quick initial test in flight with the Tourque sim SR22 Entegra model.

The STEC 55 version seemed to follow the flight plan and comm settings matched the 430 in the cockpit display.

The DFC90 version did not seem to work at all. Tried both NAV and GPSS with no luck at all.

In both cases it did not seem to match up with the HSI on the PFD.

I did not do an approach yet.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
  Share Topic