Avidyne Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Avidyne General > IFD 5 Series & IFD 4 Series Touch Screen GPS/NAV/COM
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Time to renew my nav/data plan....

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 567
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote HenryM Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Jun 2020 at 11:29am
Originally posted by n7ifr n7ifr wrote:

Henry - Thanks for that... I, for one, did not realize that nuance for purchasing Jepp Charts thru FF.  
Does this allow Jepp for our panel device  (IFD540) plus 3 more? This would certainly add more value if FF allows Jepp on 3-devices beyond the IFD540, for example 
 . iPad - FF
 . iPad - IFD100
 . iPhone

Tom W.

Charts bought through FF are only for portable devices. I don't know if you would be able to use one of those seats on a different EFB, but I think the intent is for them to be used with 3 devices running FF.

I don't think the subscription bought through FF includes use on the IFD540. I don't know if the three seats afforded by the FF subscription can be used on the IFD100, but I suspect you need to have charts on the panel-mount IFD for them to show up on the IFD100.

I know this topic is confusing. Hopefully we can clear things up during this conversation.

My understanding is that if you want charts on the IFD, you buy them from Jeppesen. If you want them for Foreflight, you can buy a seat from Jeppesen (perhaps even bundled with the IFD database) or you can buy a subscription for up to 3 devices from FF.

Edited by HenryM - 03 Jun 2020 at 11:47am
Flybuddy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Flybuddy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Jun 2020 at 10:53am
The saga continues....I got the $299 navdata last year on the first day it was offered. Just got an invoice for renewal at $491 for full usa navdata only (same thing).
I called--recording said wait was 85 minutes - I opted for the "call me" option. 2+ hours later I got a call from Jepp but they hung up on the 2nd ring. I then tried the online chat. After being number one in queue for some time it flipped to no chat available and leave an email. Next I simply replied to the email invoice (captain) with a link to avidyne price list and this morning there was an email with a correct (proforma) invoice and a link to pay online. Unfortunately, it had no invoice number on it and can't be used to pay. So I've emailed back asking for an invoice number. I'm sure I'll eventually have to call them and start from scratch.
The only thing keeping them going is a virtual monopoly on the market.
My thanks to Avidyne for helping to keep us from being gouged.

Update--next morning I tried phone again and it was a 65 minute estimate. I then tried Chat, only waited 5 minutes and billing issue taken care of in a few minutes. Also, the Captain email did eventually respond and was willing to help. So, if you have issues, try chat and/or email if you don't want to hang on the phone for a long time.

Edited by Flybuddy - 19 Jun 2020 at 3:13pm
n7ifr View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote n7ifr Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Jun 2020 at 12:43pm
Originally posted by Flybuddy Flybuddy wrote:

The saga continues....I got the $299 navdata last year on the first day it was offered. Just got an invoice for renewal at $491 for full usa navdata only (same thing).
I called--recording said wait was 85 minutes - I opted for the "call me" option. 2+ hours later I got a call from Jepp but they hung up on the 2nd ring. I then tried the online chat. After being number one in queue for some time it flipped to no chat available and leave an email. Next I simply replied to the email invoice (captain) with a link to avidyne price list and this morning there was an email with a correct (proforma) invoice and a link to pay online. Unfortunately, it had no invoice number on it and can't be used to pay. So I've emailed back asking for an invoice number. I'm sure I'll eventually have to call them and start from scratch.
The only thing keeping them going is a virtual monopoly on the market.
My thanks to Avidyne for helping to keep us from being gouged.

LOL - Sad but true, been there, done that!  All we can do is hope (not breath holding) Avidyne can/will branch out of their Jep-contract and allow Seattle Avionics to play!

Tom W.

Edited by n7ifr - 18 Jun 2020 at 12:44pm
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 567
  Share Topic