Avidyne Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Avidyne General > IFD 5 Series & IFD 4 Series Touch Screen GPS/NAV/COM
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Time to renew my nav/data plan....

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 567
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote HenryM Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Jun 2020 at 11:29am
Originally posted by n7ifr n7ifr wrote:

Henry - Thanks for that... I, for one, did not realize that nuance for purchasing Jepp Charts thru FF.  
Does this allow Jepp for our panel device  (IFD540) plus 3 more? This would certainly add more value if FF allows Jepp on 3-devices beyond the IFD540, for example 
 . iPad - FF
 . iPad - IFD100
 . iPhone

Tom W.

Charts bought through FF are only for portable devices. I don't know if you would be able to use one of those seats on a different EFB, but I think the intent is for them to be used with 3 devices running FF.

I don't think the subscription bought through FF includes use on the IFD540. I don't know if the three seats afforded by the FF subscription can be used on the IFD100, but I suspect you need to have charts on the panel-mount IFD for them to show up on the IFD100.

I know this topic is confusing. Hopefully we can clear things up during this conversation.

My understanding is that if you want charts on the IFD, you buy them from Jeppesen. If you want them for Foreflight, you can buy a seat from Jeppesen (perhaps even bundled with the IFD database) or you can buy a subscription for up to 3 devices from FF.

Edited by HenryM - 03 Jun 2020 at 11:47am
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 567
  Share Topic