Avidyne Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Avidyne General > IFD 5 Series & IFD 4 Series Touch Screen GPS/NAV/COM
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Time to renew my nav/data plan....

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 5678>
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote HenryM Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Jun 2020 at 11:29am
Originally posted by n7ifr n7ifr wrote:

Henry - Thanks for that... I, for one, did not realize that nuance for purchasing Jepp Charts thru FF.  
Does this allow Jepp for our panel device  (IFD540) plus 3 more? This would certainly add more value if FF allows Jepp on 3-devices beyond the IFD540, for example 
 . iPad - FF
 . iPad - IFD100
 . iPhone

Tom W.

Charts bought through FF are only for portable devices. I don't know if you would be able to use one of those seats on a different EFB, but I think the intent is for them to be used with 3 devices running FF.

I don't think the subscription bought through FF includes use on the IFD540. I don't know if the three seats afforded by the FF subscription can be used on the IFD100, but I suspect you need to have charts on the panel-mount IFD for them to show up on the IFD100.

I know this topic is confusing. Hopefully we can clear things up during this conversation.

My understanding is that if you want charts on the IFD, you buy them from Jeppesen. If you want them for Foreflight, you can buy a seat from Jeppesen (perhaps even bundled with the IFD database) or you can buy a subscription for up to 3 devices from FF.

Edited by HenryM - 03 Jun 2020 at 11:47am
Flybuddy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Flybuddy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Jun 2020 at 10:53am
The saga continues....I got the $299 navdata last year on the first day it was offered. Just got an invoice for renewal at $491 for full usa navdata only (same thing).
I called--recording said wait was 85 minutes - I opted for the "call me" option. 2+ hours later I got a call from Jepp but they hung up on the 2nd ring. I then tried the online chat. After being number one in queue for some time it flipped to no chat available and leave an email. Next I simply replied to the email invoice (captain) with a link to avidyne price list and this morning there was an email with a correct (proforma) invoice and a link to pay online. Unfortunately, it had no invoice number on it and can't be used to pay. So I've emailed back asking for an invoice number. I'm sure I'll eventually have to call them and start from scratch.
The only thing keeping them going is a virtual monopoly on the market.
My thanks to Avidyne for helping to keep us from being gouged.

Update--next morning I tried phone again and it was a 65 minute estimate. I then tried Chat, only waited 5 minutes and billing issue taken care of in a few minutes. Also, the Captain email did eventually respond and was willing to help. So, if you have issues, try chat and/or email if you don't want to hang on the phone for a long time.

Edited by Flybuddy - 19 Jun 2020 at 3:13pm
n7ifr View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote n7ifr Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Jun 2020 at 12:43pm
Originally posted by Flybuddy Flybuddy wrote:

The saga continues....I got the $299 navdata last year on the first day it was offered. Just got an invoice for renewal at $491 for full usa navdata only (same thing).
I called--recording said wait was 85 minutes - I opted for the "call me" option. 2+ hours later I got a call from Jepp but they hung up on the 2nd ring. I then tried the online chat. After being number one in queue for some time it flipped to no chat available and leave an email. Next I simply replied to the email invoice (captain) with a link to avidyne price list and this morning there was an email with a correct (proforma) invoice and a link to pay online. Unfortunately, it had no invoice number on it and can't be used to pay. So I've emailed back asking for an invoice number. I'm sure I'll eventually have to call them and start from scratch.
The only thing keeping them going is a virtual monopoly on the market.
My thanks to Avidyne for helping to keep us from being gouged.

LOL - Sad but true, been there, done that!  All we can do is hope (not breath holding) Avidyne can/will branch out of their Jep-contract and allow Seattle Avionics to play!

Tom W.

Edited by n7ifr - 18 Jun 2020 at 12:44pm
steve.crimm@stephens View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote steve.crimm@stephens Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Jul 2020 at 11:44am
While were talking Jepp/IFD Updates...

The aircraft
RV-10 with Skyview HDX an IFD440, dedicated IPad w/ ForeFlight for flight planning and a dedicated IPad for the IFD100 app emulating the IFD550.

I normally only update these types of subscriptions on a once a year schedule not an annual subscription.

Will the below pricing work for the above scenario?

Now to throw a kink into all of this...

What would be required to add an additional seat to have Jepp charts on my IPad?  Could these be all bundled up together?

Vans RV-10
PMA7000BT
IFD440
Dynon Skyview HDX
AviSteve View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AviSteve Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Jul 2020 at 11:56am
The $299 package will get you Full USA Nav Data for your IFD440 and the IFD100, but will not include anything for Foreflight.

Adding charts depends on whether you want to see them on Foreflight or on IFD100.
Steve Lindsley
Avidyne Engineering
HenryM View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote HenryM Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Jul 2020 at 11:57am
I don't know what happens if there is a mismatch between the IFD100 emulation and the actual device it is connected to. I assume at minimum you won't get the AHRS function of the 550 since the 440 doesn't have it. Have you tried this? What does the IFD100 display when you press the SVS key.

The subscription you link to is what I have for my IFD540 and works fine with Foreflight and the IFD100 app. I have the IFD100 set to emulate the IFD540. Foreflight doesn't really have anything to do with the subscription.

I am considering Jepp charts, but I will likely get them through Foreflight. I don't find them that useful on my IFD540, and I don't use the IFD100 very much since the large screen on the panel is enough for me, except for approach charts. I prefer to use Foreflight for that function.

Note that the charts included in various bundles at the page you linked to are only for use with the Avidyne components (IFD540/550 and IFD100). They do not work with Foreflight. I think you can buy different licenses direct from Jeppesen that can be used in mobile devices. However, getting them from Foreflight provides for use in all the devices the FF license works on. So you get more seats by buying from FF than from Jepp.

Edited by HenryM - 23 Jul 2020 at 11:58am
steve.crimm@stephens View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote steve.crimm@stephens Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Jul 2020 at 1:05pm
Steve,

Will that also cover the db for the IFD Trainer app as well?
Vans RV-10
PMA7000BT
IFD440
Dynon Skyview HDX
HenryM View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote HenryM Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Jul 2020 at 1:08pm
I am able to download the Jepp databases to the Trainer app, based on my Jepp subscription. If you don't have a subscription, they also provide demo databases.
AviSteve View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AviSteve Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Jul 2020 at 1:26pm
Originally posted by steve.crimm@stephens steve.crimm@stephens wrote:

Will that also cover the db for the IFD Trainer app as well?
Yes
Steve Lindsley
Avidyne Engineering
drapo View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote drapo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Aug 2020 at 8:15pm
Just want to clear things up in my mind! I have a subscription for my IFD540 and one device for my IFD100. Additionally, can I download the Jeppesen Navdata on the IFD trainer on a third device (Ipad) to train my instructor or do I need another subscription?
AviSteve View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AviSteve Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Aug 2020 at 10:08am
Originally posted by drapo drapo wrote:

Just want to clear things up in my mind! I have a subscription for my IFD540 and one device for my IFD100. Additionally, can I download the Jeppesen Navdata on the IFD trainer on a third device (Ipad) to train my instructor or do I need another subscription?
I'm hoping it was just a terminology thing in your post, but you don't need a separate subscription for the IFD100.

If you have one of the bundled subscriptions for your IFD540, it comes with support for up to two IFD100 apps (i.e. two iPads running the app).  The ala carte subscription for nav data (e.g. the $299 deal) comes with support for one IFD100.

The good news is that the IFD100 and the trainer app both use the exact same data when installed on the same iPad.  Therefore, even if you have only the ala carte subscription, you can use both the IFD100 and the trainer app on the same iPad.

So, the answer to your post depends on which kind of subscription you have.  If you have the ala carte subscription, you cannot load the Jepp data on a second iPad and let your instructor use that while you use the IFD100 on your iPad.  If you have a bundled subscription, you can.
Steve Lindsley
Avidyne Engineering
drapo View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote drapo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Aug 2020 at 11:57am
Thanks, that clears things up. For my instructor to have access to the IFD subscription, it would have to be on the same device as the IFD 100 unless I chose the pricier subscription with two devices.
SoCalIFDpilot View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SoCalIFDpilot Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Aug 2020 at 12:03pm
Originally posted by AviSteve AviSteve wrote:

The good news is that the IFD100 and the trainer app both use the exact same data when installed on the same iPad.  Therefore, even if you have only the ala carte subscription, you can use both the IFD100 and the trainer app on the same iPad.

Steve, in one of the online webinars, Tom showed us how to connect one iPad running the IFD100 to another iPad running the trainer app. This allowed the IFD100 to control the trainer app just like it would control the actual IFD in the plane.

If I were to buy the a la carte ($299) data subscription, am I still able to connect the two iPads (one running the IFD100 and the other running the trainer), or does that require the bundle?

Thanks!
AviSteve View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AviSteve Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Aug 2020 at 1:57pm
Originally posted by SoCalIFDpilot SoCalIFDpilot wrote:

Steve, in one of the online webinars, Tom showed us how to connect one iPad running the IFD100 to another iPad running the trainer app. This allowed the IFD100 to control the trainer app just like it would control the actual IFD in the plane.

If I were to buy the a la carte ($299) data subscription, am I still able to connect the two iPads (one running the IFD100 and the other running the trainer), or does that require the bundle?

Thanks!
Both iPads need to have the same navigation database in order to share flight plans.  So, you would need a subscription that supports more than one iPad, which means ala carte won't do the trick.  You'll still be able to connect, but some features just won't be available (like sharing flight plans).  Simple things like tuning radios will work though.
Steve Lindsley
Avidyne Engineering
teeth6 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote teeth6 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Aug 2020 at 9:14pm
I renewed my subscription with Jepp today and since I want Jepp charts on my IFD 100, Foreflight and my panel mounts, there is not an Avidyne bundle for me.  I asked about getting an Oshkosh promotion since the show was not held and was told that they did extend a 10% courtesy to NEW subscribers only during the week that Oshkosh would have been (not to existing customers)and I don't qualify for that.
When I persisted,  I was told that AOPA members get a 10% discount on renewal.  I never knew that and was never offered that information but hopefully others can now use it to their advantage on renewal.  Just give the rep your AOPA number and ask for the 10% courtesy.
AviSteve View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AviSteve Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Sep 2020 at 3:00pm
Originally posted by teeth6 teeth6 wrote:

I renewed my subscription with Jepp today and since I want Jepp charts on my IFD 100, Foreflight and my panel mounts, there is not an Avidyne bundle for me.  I asked about getting an Oshkosh promotion since the show was not held and was told that they did extend a 10% courtesy to NEW subscribers only during the week that Oshkosh would have been (not to existing customers)and I don't qualify for that.
When I persisted,  I was told that AOPA members get a 10% discount on renewal.  I never knew that and was never offered that information but hopefully others can now use it to their advantage on renewal.  Just give the rep your AOPA number and ask for the 10% courtesy.
AFAIK, the old bundles are still available.  Did Jeppesen tell you otherwise?  Were you able to talk to Bonnie?
Steve Lindsley
Avidyne Engineering
teeth6 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote teeth6 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Sep 2020 at 3:26pm
Unfortunately, Bonnie has left left Jepp. I was really sorry to hear that.  Do you happen to have anyone else who is as good as she was?
AviSteve View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AviSteve Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Sep 2020 at 4:45pm
That is too bad.  Sadly, I don't have any other contacts in that group.
Steve Lindsley
Avidyne Engineering
teeth6 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote teeth6 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Sep 2020 at 7:23pm
AFAIK, the old bundles are still available.  Did Jeppesen tell you otherwise?  Were you able to talk to Bonnie?[/QUOTE]

Jepp told me that none of their bundles would give me Jepp charts on the panel mounts, the IFD 100 AND Foreflight.  They said the best I could do is get a bundle for the panel mount and IFD 100 and then buy Jepp charts on Foreflight which didn't make sense to me.
chflyer View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote chflyer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Sep 2020 at 3:46am
The cooperation between ForeFlight and Jeppesen doesn't include Jeppesen's aircraft avionics support. That is still completely separate.
Vince
AviSteve View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AviSteve Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Sep 2020 at 9:21pm
Originally posted by teeth6 teeth6 wrote:

AFAIK, the old bundles are still available.  Did Jeppesen tell you otherwise?  Were you able to talk to Bonnie?

Jepp told me that none of their bundles would give me Jepp charts on the panel mounts, the IFD 100 AND Foreflight.  They said the best I could do is get a bundle for the panel mount and IFD 100 and then buy Jepp charts on Foreflight which didn't make sense to me.
Let me get with my contact at Jeppesen and see what's going on.  I already have another issue I've been trying to get him to resolve, so I'll try to get clarification on this at the same time.
Steve Lindsley
Avidyne Engineering
teeth6 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote teeth6 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Sep 2020 at 9:58pm
Great.  Thanks. I’ll hold off paying my invoice for now. 
Sambo View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sambo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Jan 2021 at 7:45am
Hi can you help me. I just purchased the Jeppesen $299 package for a single Avidyne IFD540 for Nav/Data only. Will I be then able to shoot instrument approaches with current charts on my IFD540 with this $299 plan please. 
I read where all I have to do on IFD startup is acknowledged the “out of date charts” and move on to flying. 

Thanks. 
Shazam😎
Sambo View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sambo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Jan 2021 at 8:01am
Hi Tom, can you help by explaining what you meant “with a more stable WIfi on your #2 Ifd540? I only have one IfD540 and my wifi has been terrible in that I always get the dreaded “Avidyne IFD Disconnected” message constantly nd have been working with Avidyne & FF for fixing it with no fix yet. So what did you do to get a stable IFD WiFi please so maybe I can research mine. Thank you, Kevin 

After I finally got the IFD100 iPad App working properly and synched with my more stable WiFi on IFD540 #2, it looks like seeing the Jepp Charts on the Yoke-Mounted iPad Mini is better than FF or FlyQ... 
Shazam😎
Sambo View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sambo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Jan 2021 at 8:11am
Hi Alex, Avidyne IFD-540 & Lynx NGT-9000+
I am hoping you can help me.I have the same IFD540 with the Lynx NGT9000. But for me I am having terrible troubles with my Avidyne wifi dropping off. I constantly am getting the dreaded “ Avidyne IFD Disconnected” message. With your same avionics, are you getting any wifi issues? If not please reply and hopefully give me any suggestions to fix this very annoying issue while I am trying to use my iPad mini running FF. 

Thanks Ale, 
Kevin 
Shazam😎
chflyer View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote chflyer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Jan 2021 at 8:11am
Originally posted by Sambo Sambo wrote:

Hi can you help me. I just purchased the Jeppesen $299 package for a single Avidyne IFD540 for Nav/Data only. Will I be then able to shoot instrument approaches with current charts on my IFD540 with this $299 plan please. 
I read where all I have to do on IFD startup is acknowledged the “out of date charts” and move on to flying. 

Thanks. 

You won't see any charts on the IFD, but all the navdata is there to call up and fly the approaches. You need to source the charts elsewhere. And yes, just ack the screen showing data validity. With navdata only, you won't get obstacle database updates either and that will also show as expired on the startup screen.

BTW, the Jepp avionics data (incl charts) subscriptions have no connection to the ForeFlight Jepp data subscriptions. You could almost think that the data comes from two different companies.
Vince
TurboPA30 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TurboPA30 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Jan 2021 at 4:10pm
Just want to reiterate that I am certainly not the only one who would LOVE to have Avidyne make a deal with Seattle Avionics for all the databases. They are knowledgeable and easy to deal with, since many years.
mehissey View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mehissey Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Feb 2021 at 4:16pm
Well jeppesen is still at it again, I got the free software load in January and now I just got a $700 renewal bill for the All-Americas charts. Why do they think a U.S. citizen needs chart for South America as a new customer. Where's the choice!?!? I've written two times to this "Captain" who sent me the info to obtain the free chart loads and I still have not gotten any reply back about switching it to just the North America chart subscription. Time to call the Better Business Bureau and my attorney This is BS.
dmtidler View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote dmtidler Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Feb 2021 at 5:51pm
Originally posted by mehissey mehissey wrote:

Well jeppesen is still at it again, I got the free software load in January and now I just got a $700 renewal bill for the All-Americas charts. Why do they think a U.S. citizen needs chart for South America as a new customer. Where's the choice!?!? I've written two times to this "Captain" who sent me the info to obtain the free chart loads and I still have not gotten any reply back about switching it to just the North America chart subscription. Time to call the Better Business Bureau and my attorney This is BS.
Have you tried calling Jeppesen at either number listed on your renewal invoice (1-800-621-5377 or 1-303-328-4274)? Maybe I'm in the minority in this thread; however, talking directly to Jeppesen has always been productive for me when switching IFD database plans.
allenc3 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote allenc3 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Feb 2021 at 12:04pm
Call them. I get the full USA plus obstacles for i think around $359. I forgot the exact price but less than 400. If you want JEPP charts, that is extra, but as I have an IDF440, charts are not an option.  
Claude
oskrypuch View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote oskrypuch Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Feb 2021 at 6:36pm
First off the renewal bills are usually sent out three months in advance, you have plenty of time to sort this out.

Rather than getting the lawyers involved (!), I think it would be much more expeditious to just call Jeppesen at their toll free number. That works much better than email or trying to navigate their website.

Be sure to know exactly the product you would like. You can look up all the packages on the Avidyne site.

Easy.

* Orest

Edited by oskrypuch - 11 Feb 2021 at 6:37pm
allenc3 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote allenc3 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Feb 2021 at 2:09pm
Actually Jepp cost for the Continental USA plus Obstacle's was $299.00 The full Americas I believe was $499, but as I do not fly to Mexico or South America, I did not need it. BTW, this is much cheaper than the Jepp Script for a Garmin 430W. I paid $439 a year and that only covered half the county. No coverage west of the Mississippi River
Claude
LANCE View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LANCE Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Mar 2021 at 1:51pm
I was able to buy the $299 Nav (or any other database I would have wanted) online. As long as you have your aircraft and avionics stored in your profile, go to https://shop.jeppesen.com/databaseproductsearch

Super easy, it showed up on my JDM about an hour later.

Edited by LANCE - 11 Mar 2021 at 1:52pm
Cruiser View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Cruiser Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Mar 2021 at 6:37pm
"Actually Jepp cost for the Continental USA plus Obstacle's was $299.00"

what is Jepp subscription number for these ? 
I was quoted $299 for Nav only
Obstacles was another $149

Edited by Cruiser - 11 Mar 2021 at 6:38pm
Stevei View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Stevei Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Mar 2021 at 9:47pm
AviSteve,

Was the pricing Jepp changed to $299 for Nav data done Summer
Of 2019?
AviSteve View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote AviSteve Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Mar 2021 at 10:15am
That sounds right.  I think around August?
Steve Lindsley
Avidyne Engineering
cverbil View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cverbil Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Feb 2022 at 10:37am
Thanks to this forum, I was able to lower my Jepp data cost from $404 at renewal for Central and Western US, to $299 for the entire US.  True to form, when I called Jepp customer service to inquire about it, the rep claimed no knowledge.  So I offered to send him the URL of the Avidyne knowledge base article, and about 15 minutes later he (Jepp guy) called back and says yes, I can have it at that price.

I do suspect that at next year's renewal, I'll need to do this all over again, as others have reported.
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SoCalIFDpilot Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Feb 2022 at 10:43am
Can you post the link to the $299 plan?

Thanks!
chflyer View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote chflyer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Feb 2022 at 11:22am
go to avidyne.com and select pilot support at the top, then search on jepp

Vince
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SoCalIFDpilot Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Feb 2022 at 11:38am
That only gets you to a price list. It would be helpful to have a link to the actual Jepp page were the $299 package can be purchased.
chflyer View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote chflyer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Feb 2022 at 11:42am
Most of the comments here about trying to order from Jepp online suggest giving that up and just calling Jepp. That was what the cverbil did to get the $299 price. I'm not even sure that price even exists on a Jepp page.
Vince
compasst View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote compasst Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Feb 2022 at 12:16pm
I just renewed my IFD 540 Jepp data for these items - and was told that these on-line prices were the only prices available. I used to have digital charts displayed on the IFD (I still see them but without revisions and without geo-tracking, of course, since they are not current) but just can't justify that cost plus the cost of Foreflight charts on my iPads.

11086906Revision Service.28-Days.Annual NavData.Coverage.Avidyne.IFD 500 Series.Full USA 11-MAR-22 through 10-MAR-23 Tail Number: 1$299.0
11086918Revision Service.28-Days.Annual Obstacles.Coverage.Avidyne.IFD 500 Series.Full USA 11-MAR-22 through 10-MAR-23 Tail Number: 1$147.
cverbil View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cverbil Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Feb 2022 at 1:02pm
Here's the Jepp "part number" if you get blank stares from your Jepp rep:

https://shop.jeppesen.com/images///coverages/11086906-173x173.jpg

NavData ®

Coverage: Full USA

Part number: DAE50353

Term: Annual Coverage

Aircraft: N20GF SOCATA

Avionic: IFD 500 Series

System ID: 0000074149

$299.00

compasst View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote compasst Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Feb 2022 at 2:09pm
So just to be sure of things - the Post above from cverbil is for Nav Data only - no obstacles, no approach plates/charts. In the process of checking this, I discovered the following is offered as a bundle from Jepp for Avidyne 500 owners - NavData plus Obstacles PLUS approach charts for only $599. Just a couple years ago, I was paying $1060 for the Eastern US. This bundle is FULL US! I found this by starting 'fresh' after logging on at Jepp and selecting my aircraft and installed avionics. 

Digital Chart Services
Full-color, high-quality, vector-based electronic terminal charts (e.g. Jepp plates) in a variety of configurations to meet your flight operation needs, including use in avionics displays, mobile devices and ground based applications. Includes geo-referenced SID, STAR, approach and airport diagram charts. Updates every 14 days.

skitheo View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote skitheo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Feb 2022 at 2:52pm
Originally posted by chflyer chflyer wrote:

Most of the comments here about trying to order from Jepp online suggest giving that up and just calling Jepp. That was what the cverbil did to get the $299 price. I'm not even sure that price even exists on a Jepp page.

I've had success as well ordering online using the part numbers specified on the Avidyne page. Recently received an invoice with the same pricing for 2022.

HenryM View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote HenryM Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Feb 2022 at 5:48pm
I just looked at the SHOP section of Jeppesen.com and I had no problem finding various packages for my IFD540. 

I went to https://shop.jeppesen.com/databaseproductsearch and logged into my account. I could search either Avionics Database Bundles or Individual Avionics Databases. The $299 for  Navdata for the whole US is part of the latter.

I used this system the last time I renewed my subscription and did not have any issues. I do remember when I first got my plane that I had to call in and all that, but much of the issue seems to be resolved now.
compasst View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote compasst Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Feb 2022 at 6:13pm
After spending the past 48 minutes talking with Jepp, I have learned that the bundle I mentioned here is NOT for use on ForeFlight nor on Avidyne's Trainer app. It is ONLY FOR THE IFD 5xx device and concurrently for the IFD 100 software. No Jepp Charts for ForeFlight as it used to be when the bundle was over $1000!

To get Jepp charts onto the iPad in ForeFlight (and the IFD trainer) you must give Jepp another $250 OR give ForeFlight $200. 

Bummer!

At the request/suggestion of the sales person who had to spend all that time to research why I couldn't load onto ForeFlight as I used to a couple years back, I am documenting and filling out a survey that he sent to me - because Jepp does read those surveys and listen to what they contain. Maybe we should all give Jepp some feedback on how their current solution still doesn't seem very useful nor cost effective.
chflyer View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote chflyer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Feb 2022 at 6:39pm
Are you sure that there used to be a single Jepp subscription for both avionics and EFB software? I have never seen such a subscription. AFAIK Jepp avionics data (navdata or chart) subscriptions were always completely separate from EFB software (FF or Jepp FD or JeppView) subscriptions. That is the answer that I always received from Jepp when I requested a single subscription for both.

As such, there is no change today in that regard. They are still separate.
Vince
afassas View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote afassas Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Feb 2022 at 12:15am
Indeed, you have to think of the Jepp/Avidyne bundle product as if version 1.0, then version 2.0.

In 1.0, it was a little bit more expensive, but still a deal if you had multiple Avidyne devices.  Also, included 2 ( I think) device seats that would work with either IFD100 and/or Foreflight.  If you had an IFD 5xx and did not want the charts subscription; you had tontell Jepp you had an IFD 4xx.

2.0, is much more flexible, with more package/product codes for with and without charts.  But, it only includes a device seat for IFD100.  The pricing is even more attractive.

Without looking at past Jepp renewals, I think think that the change from 1.0 to 2.0 happened somewhere between 2019-2020.
Alex Fassas
Avidyne IFD-540
Lynx NGT-9000+
Aspen MAX PFD1000, MFD1000 & MFD500
Beech A36
KRGA
timfwalsh01 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote timfwalsh01 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Feb 2022 at 10:22am
Folks,

I understand the Nav database of $299, and how to access it.

I currently use two different Ipads to interface with X-Plane 12.  An Ipad Mini for IFD-540 and the Ipad Pro for IFD100 (and Foreflight at the same time).

If I update the Nav Database for my IFD-540 and Ipad Pro for IFD100, then I will loose the capability to use two Ipads to practice.  

Is this correct?  Is there a work around (other than pay for an other Ipad subscription)?
Thanks, Tim
Tim Walsh
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 5678>
  Share Topic